CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan and Iran????

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Adria Sonic Supreme

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Haaamster View Post
    Just a heads up, there is currently a foreign office warning on border troubles between Armenia and Azerbaijan.

Armenia travel advice - GOV.UK
    Yes, I’d seen that. All the countries in this area seem to have ‘issues’ with some of their neighbours. I’ll need a red marker pen for maps.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Lunar Premier H622

Danger everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Clunegapyears View Post
    Yes, I’d seen that. All the countries in this area seem to have ‘issues’ with some of their neighbours. I’ll need a red marker pen for maps.
    Uk France Germany etc
    However in a MoHo I suggest Iran is a No! (Or even a No No No).
    Go on an adventure tour with the likes of
    Iran Holidays & Tours - Explore

Member Number
    Don,t forget Syria & Israel. Israel is ok but don,t know about driving thru Syria

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Nope
    Been thinking about this and I reckon ideally you need to find another couple with your adventurous spirit (maybe on this forum?). Two vans are better than one. You’ve got support and help when,or if, you need it. When we went to Morocco we found a lovely couple from this forum who travelled with us and whilst Morocco isn’t Azerbaijan or Iran it was still a bit scary for us (We’d only had our van for 6 months) but knowing we could help each other out when needed was reassuring. We laughed when they got fined for failure to stop at a STOP sign. They laughed when we got pulled over for speeding. Daft stuff but it made the adventure so much fun and we’re still good friends with them now.

I’m beginning to wish we hadn’t sold our van.

Pat

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Adria Sonic Supreme
    Quote Originally Posted by iampatman View Post
    Been thinking about this and I reckon ideally you need to find another couple with your adventurous spirit (maybe on this forum?). Two vans are better than one. You’ve got support and help when,or if, you need it. When we went to Morocco we found a lovely couple from this forum who travelled with us and whilst Morocco isn’t Azerbaijan or Iran it was still a bit scary for us (We’d only had our van for 6 months) but knowing we could help each other out when needed was reassuring. We laughed when they got fined for failure to stop at a STOP sign. They laughed when we got pulled over for speeding. Daft stuff but it made the adventure so much fun and we’re still good friends with them now.

I’m beginning to wish we hadn’t sold our van.

Pat
    Agree that a loose convoy would be good. Don’t know if you followed the blog of the Grey Gappers? They are thinking about doing it, in fact suggested the additional countries after Turkey. They’re just trying to put their working lives in some order so they can travel.
    It’s not too late to buy a new van!
    Anyone else?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information