CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Wintering in Portugal

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B698

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by daygoboy View Post
    If you were to go right now and happen to run over the 90 days post 31st Oct. & still be travelling in the
    EU area and as a result become considered illegal. Could you not deem that as unforeseen circumstances? You tell me for an actual fact which will we be, in or out of the EU (not which looks most likely)?

"Insurer please take note I have informed you that I may or may not be legal in the New Year,
    what should I do please, advise"
    Now you are being just plain silly. You know as well as I do that there are unforeseen circumstances that might cause you to overstay and you need to inform the insurer as soon as possible WHEN those circumstances arise. As for the rest of it, I think this has gone on more than long enough. You are prepared to take an obvious risk. I would rather not run the risk of a hefty bill for damage to my vehicle, being sued by my insurers for money they have had to pay out to a third party, finding it difficult or impossible to insure my vehicle in the future and having my vehicle impounded by foreign police. Others reading this will have already decoded which is the sensible approach for them to take - and I can't believe many of them will take your path.
    Likes korky liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    N+B Arto 69GL(2003)
    I posted earlier(post 67) that

'My preparation is that I am applying for a Polish Temporary Resident Permit, which will permit me to avoid the Schengen 90 day limit, which applies to whole area.'

Yesterday this application ran into difficulties.

Polish Government will not process an application from a EU Citizen because currently such person does not need a Permit. This despite my pointing out that UK passport holders have been issued with the equivalent (Permit de Sejours) in France.

Even registering my address here took up 1/2 hour and about 20 pages of paper(incl. copies). Basia's Sister's application to renew her Polish passport took about 50 pages. Where do they store all this bumpf? I am thinking of buying storage units to lease to the government. Maybe they input it all into computers - if so why the hell do they not put it in directly? Oh, I know, then the stamps and ink pads would be redundant.

I understand where Franz Kafka got the material for his books - 60 years ago, 'Plus ca Change'

Geoff
    Likes jacquigem liked this post

Member Number
    Wait until you're no longer an EU Citizen probably an easy process then,
    possibly from a prison cell
    It's mostly in the lap of the Gods or sods, until that fateful date has arrived all
    is speculation. Time to relax.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    N+B Arto 69GL(2003)
    "..possibly from a prison cell"

I will hand myself in to the nearest policeman - he is downstairs and is my partner's son, so I will probably be out on bail.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW transporter
    Quote Originally Posted by delicagirl View Post
    my insurer brokers told me today that insurance companies at not issuing green cards at this time... that was a fact.. so AIB said.... so i will depart with no green card and no fixed date to return.
    What happened with your van squatters? Have they gone?
    Likes delicagirl liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B698
    Quote Originally Posted by delicagirl View Post
    my insurer brokers told me today that insurance companies at not issuing green cards at this time... that was a fact.. so AIB said.... so i will depart with no green card and no fixed date to return.
    Things change on almost a daily basis. I contacted my insurance company (Safeguard) two days ago and they said they could issue me with a green card for Spain either now or send one to me in Spain after 31st if needed.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    Quote Originally Posted by Debroos View Post
    What happened with your van squatters? Have they gone?

i DID a heavy insect spray and all sorts of spiders, moths and flies appeared dead in various spots earlier this week. i hoovered them all up today. i will put a french smoke bomb through the van tomorrow as a final anti-insect strategy... and hope that all the creepy crawlies have vanished.... thanks for asking
    Likes Debroos liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    fiat-ducato ci carioca 694

try

Quote Originally Posted by Jo001 View Post
    I don't really understand all the ins and outs but I am sure I heard/read that if there is no deal, there is no transition period. Is the three month clock a different thing?
    try to stay out of france, till its over. spain, and porugal need you money,dip your bread in. ok pj

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread Information