Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: Pros and Cons of Fulltiming

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motorhome (aka The Nest)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabsim View Post
    Thanks for the info NZ.

I will apologise if this is a stupid question now...

Do you have one of those 250 to 300 gravity filter units you fit the cartridges in or do you do something else? At the moment it would be rare for me to need to use a filter so couldn’t justify costs to Caz lol she would just lock me in
    Hey Nab,
    You know me well enough by now not to worry about what you ask me, All questions are good questions Matey, it’s just that some questions are ‘Gooder’ Than others !,,,
    Yes I have, Because Of my lifestyle choice I can warrant the Cost & it’s use, i have never been short of water lol lol.
    Coldstream Sentry Gravity Water Filter System with 4 Filters
    It’s worth checking out the performance of the up graded PFO plus Filters that I use in it as well
    Last edited by Nesting Zombie; 13-02-2019 at 12:32.
    Thanks Nabsim thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motorhome (aka The Nest)
    My Figures are in !!.
    This is a rough summary of My costs of Shuffling & Trying to Tread the ‘Right’ side of the Legal line as best I can, & i can say it is DEFINITELY going up financially in some areas & is getting Harder to achieve my chosen lifestyle a cross the board for one reason or another.
    Road Tax,
    Vehicle insurance, (Breakdown, Windshield, Ect)
    MOT Test,
    Fuel,
    Servicing Ware n Tear,
    Spares, Repairs, Replacements & Improvments.
    Phone & Interwebby,
    Cider,
    Enterence Fees, Meals Out, Entertainment.
    Passport renewal,
    Driving License Renewal,
    Clothes, Boots,
    Donuts,
    Average of 15 ‘Paid Site Night’ Stop overs per year.
    Ferries, (Scotland & Ireland Trips)
    Gas, Multi Fuel Stove Fuel, Petrol.
    Food, Drink,
    I’m running at around the 8000 mark spent for the last Year / 14 months or so, & have actually been Stationary for 6 months of that time, 3 months EARLY last year in Cornwall & again for the last 3 months in North Yorkshire (Due to my Work commitments !). But other years I have been almost constantly on the move staying at 215 DIFFERENT park ups in a single year at one point so probably a good average for the figures since Jan 2015.
    Ok This year The Nest has had a New Alternator, & a COMPLETELY New Break replacement & overall on ALL 6 wheels, including All Cylinders, Pads, Shoes & Handbrake Cables as well. So That lot was well over 1000 !. Then bought 6 new water Filters, New Exterior Screen cover that lot racked up another say 500. OH YESSS I also got New Battery, Overhauled the Gas Locker, & Gave The Nest a Complete External Cosmetic Face lift last February, So THATS another 600. So there’s over 2000 !. Check out previous posts on this thread for other expenditures over the previous years if you’re board at some point.
    Soooo
    8000 dividend by the last 14 months equals some 570 PCM.
    (This is shy of my FIRST 18 months Aboard at an Average TOTAL spend of 600 PCM.
    Followed by the next 14 Months at a TOTAL spend of 450 PCM.)
    Soooo in round figures 25,000 over 46 months equals say 545 PCM TOTAL EXPENDITURE as a Full Time Livaboard with a cross section average of what it entails for my personal lifestyle choice !.
    But this Next year is going to be a lot cheaper me thinks.
    So I’m expecting that it hits my more realistic & Budgeted monthly allowance of around the 500 PCM mark

(Me Hopes anyway !)
    Last edited by Nesting Zombie; 17-02-2019 at 13:11.
    Thanks trixie88 thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    MAN 7.5T
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesting Zombie View Post
    My Figures are in !!.
    This is a rough summary of My costs of Shuffling & Trying to Tread the ‘Right’ side of the Legal line as best I can, & i can say it is DEFINITELY going up financially in some areas & is getting Harder to achieve my chosen lifestyle a cross the board for one reason or another.
    Road Tax,
    Vehicle insurance, (Breakdown, Windshield, Ect)
    MOT Test,
    Fuel,
    Servicing Ware n Tear,
    Spares, Repairs, Replacements & Improvments.
    Phone & Interwebby,
    Cider,
    Enterence Fees, Meals Out, Entertainment.
    Passport renewal,
    Driving License Renewal,
    Clothes, Boots,
    Donuts,
    Average of 15 ‘Paid Site Night’ Stop overs per year.
    Ferries, (Scotland & Ireland Trips)
    Gas, Multi Fuel Stove Fuel, Petrol.
    Food, Drink,
    I’m running at around the 8000 mark spent for the last Year / 14 months or so, & have actually been Stationary for 6 months of that time, 3 months EARLY last year in Cornwall & again for the last 3 months in North Yorkshire (Due to my Work commitments !). But other years I have been almost constantly on the move staying at 215 DIFFERENT park ups in a single year at one point so probably a good average for the figures since Jan 2015.
    Ok This year The Nest has had a New Alternator, & a COMPLETELY New Break replacement & overall on ALL 6 wheels, including All Cylinders, Pads, Shoes & Handbrake Cables as well. So That lot was well over 1000 !. Then bought 6 new water Filters, New Exterior Screen cover that lot racked up another say 500. OH YESSS I also got New Battery, Overhauled the Gas Locker, & Gave The Nest a Complete External Cosmetic Face lift last February, So THATS another 600. So there’s over 2000 !. Check out previous posts on this thread for other expenditures over the previous years if you’re board at some point.
    Soooo
    8000 dividend by the last 14 months equals some 570 PCM.
    (This is shy of my FIRST 18 months Aboard at an Average TOTAL spend of 600 PCM.
    Followed by the next 14 Months at a TOTAL spend of 450 PCM.)
    Soooo in round figures 25,000 over 46 months equals say 545 PCM TOTAL EXPENDITURE as a Full Time Livaboard with a cross section average of what it entails for my personal lifestyle choice !.
    But this Next year is going to be a lot cheaper me thinks.
    So I’m expecting that it hits my more realistic & Budgeted monthly allowance of around the 500 PCM mark

(Me Hopes anyway !)

I've never done a budget as such but I spend six months parked at my job and six months travelling,I allow a minimum of 3k for six months on the road but that's just basic living costs,food,fuel,coal/wood and all my other expenses I take care of while I'm working. Each year I throw money at my motorhome until im happy it's ready and legal for the road,I don't care or really take much notice of the total,it's my home so it is what it is,as long as I know I've got at least 3k at the end of my working season then thats all that matters to me. I do have a contingency fund in case something goes horribly wrong on the road,or with the dog,he's my buddy so I wouldn't mind having to spend a quid on a bullet.
    668,the neighbour of the beast.
    Likes Nesting Zombie, trixie88 liked this post

mariesnowgoose is offline Unreformed Mongoose
    Name: Marie
    Spouse: She's picking on me again

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika Ecovip 400i
    Nabsim & NZ - is this the sort of thing that might be useful for treating water to make it safe as opposed to filtering it?

If so, and the auction price doesn't go mad, maybe a bargain for someone?

HW Biocide Water Additive
    Life: unfinished threads in a never-ending tapestry
    There but for the grace of God go I
    Likes trixie88 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motorhome (aka The Nest)
    Quote Originally Posted by mariesnowgoose View Post
    Nabsim & NZ - is this the sort of thing that might be useful for treating water to make it safe as opposed to filtering it?

If so, and the auction price doesn't go mad, maybe a bargain for someone?

HW Biocide Water Additive
    Hey MSG,
    I’m my opinion NO !,
    You really want to be Filterering your Raw water, Not nessasarily adding stuff to it. If you constantly use Questionable Raw water sources have a UV tube fitted after your filter system in the last tube before the Fresh water tank.
    They’re Getting cheaper every year & are very small, easy to fit & apart from checking & Changing the Bulb Maintenance free. (I don’t use UV lamp any more, I just Filter).
    Likes mariesnowgoose liked this post
    Thanks mariesnowgoose thanked for this post

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread Information