CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Truma boiler problem

timtimpeggy Guest

Truma boiler problem

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    My old Hymer again! The boiler takes ages to light, often 5 or 6 times. It seems to light more easily in windy conditions! I've had the burner blown out but still the problem goes on. It's in a 1990 Hymer Camp 65 import and has a 50mb regulator on a Gaslow gas system. Any ideas welcome
    Thanks
    Tim
    Likes N/A liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    A 50 mbar regulator makes sense on a German impoted motorhome, But what pressure should the gaslow system run at ? typical butane would be 28 mbar propane 37 mbar so 50 mbar if this is the case is far to high.

Maybe worth checking the correct operating pressure of your gaslow system and checking the regulator falls within the parameters. also dont forget that regulators tend to run a touch higher than whats on the label.

Channa

timtimpeggy Guest

thanks for the info

thanks channa,
    I'll give it a try but my Truma instructions say it runs at 50mb.

timtimpeggy Guest

sorry misunderstood!

Sounds like the Gaslow system may not be compatible with the 50mb kit in the van. I'll give gaslow a ring.
    thanks again
    Tim

Member Number

LPG gas boiler problem

I too have a problem with my boiler on my H reg Hymer B694. The power switch lights up then within 10 seconds the fault light comes on. The gas is firing up then stops. A gas fitter in France had a look at it, tested the LPG workings which are fine and he says it's an electrical problem. I don't have any instructions with the van but any one out there who could throw some light on this issue I would greatly appreciate your help.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Firstly I have to say other than owning a truma boiler and mine too on occasions seems not to want to light I know little about them so cant give any specific suggestion.

However, most boilers will have a thermocouple which when the boiler is lit allows the gas control valve to remain open.

Thermocouples do seem to have a habit of burning out after a few years. It is the first thing I would check.

If a thermocouple is failed it actually is doing its job in the respect it is shutting down the Gas control valve a safety thing. replace the thermocouple and all is well.

I would expect an electrical problem only to extend to the ignition if it is a piezo. If the boiler lights temporarily then more likely to be the thermocouple

Channa

Member Number
    This may be of help - though mine was a propex Malaga 3 heater, but the symtoms sound the same and lets be real - there are only so many ways to heat up water with gas!

Hope it may help: Fixing Malaga 3 hot water heater ignitor/burner
    Full details of our 1000+ nights away in the van in Europe, Morocco as well as backpacking in Asia, with hints/tips/costs and GPS POIs see our blog at Do Your Dream!

Member Number
    Many thanks to all. Your advice is invaluable and when I get back to my van I will get a thermocouple. One more question - is there different types of thermocouples or are they standard. Blonde so you can tell I'm a numptey.
    Patricia

Member Number
    I'd say unique to the maker if not the boiler.
    IME - the makers tech support line is VERY useful - and bits are pretty cheap....
    Our flame detector isn't a typical thermocouple (as per home gas boilers)
    Full details of our 1000+ nights away in the van in Europe, Morocco as well as backpacking in Asia, with hints/tips/costs and GPS POIs see our blog at Do Your Dream!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100

Doubtful thermo couples tend to either work or dont I have never know an intermittent thermocouple. The explanation is more likely as you suggest
    Butane / propane and their respective abilities to produce liquid gas in low temperatures

Channa

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information