CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: A Few Tips For Your First French Trip

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer 654 legend ( Lucy the legend ) !

France

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    I love this post...I want to go to France NOW! Thank you so much for this... brilliant info
    On an adventure..before dementia !
    Likes Minisorella, bigjimdsmith liked this post

lebesset Guest
    would argue with you about gas ; the 1200 intermarche branches almost all sell energas 10Kgbutane bottles [ or same bottle with 9Kg propane ; standard french/german/dutch / belgian /spanish thread [ like a 4.5 Kg Calor butane dumpy ]
    they are virtually identical in size with a Calor 6Kg bottle and i haven't yet found a motorhome which is designed to take the Calor bottle that wouldn't take them ; last time I looked [ last year ] the price for the gas was about half the le cube price , and I paid a deposit of 1 on the bottle

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Citroen Relay "Dreamcatcher"
    Great post, thanks for taking the time.

Loads of very useful information. I am new to motorhoming and planning a trip to France when I done a few trips in the UK

Member Number
    Motorhome
    LWB Renault Master (WAV)
    Quote Originally Posted by lebesset View Post
    they are virtually identical in size with a Calor 6Kg bottle and i haven't yet found a motorhome which is designed to take the Calor bottle that wouldn't take them ; last time I looked [ last year ] the price for the gas was about half the le cube price , and I paid a deposit of 1 on the bottle
    You're right, they are 'almost' the same size. 6kg bottles only just go into my locker - no matter how I tried; I couldn't make them fit.

It's a point worth noting for others though, so thanks for pointing it out.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Knaus SunTi

A Few Tips For Your First French Trip

Excellent post, full of good stuff I've learned over the years. Would definitely recommend Michel Thomas for learning French. And recommend learning some French-anywhere but Paris a smattering will get you a long way...

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Drifter 410

Great posting

Really enjoyed your post, very informative and funny!

My wife Joanne and I get over twice a year (I still have to work to get the pennies to pay for it) but that said there was many a good piece of info in there, so stuff the coma or two missing... Im from Birkenhead so have got through life without many myself!

One point for other people, if you shop in UK at Tesco it is worth collecting the points and exchanging them 3 to 1 for Eurotunnel crossings, we have just booked 2 weeks starting the bank hoiliday weekend in August and it cost me 130ish quid in vouchers and 59 quid on my card... I have to shop at Tesco so I use the vouchers!

i just hope I can get to the age and be able to full time over there without too many knackered parts of my body...

Nearly bedtime for me Im in Spain working this week so its over and Mahon out! 5.5% beer from Lidl
    Likes Sky liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B654
    Interesting post this, picked up a few tips here myself. Went to France last year for the first time in our motorhome and loved it. Learnt some french at school 000`s of years ago (or so it seems lol) but never needed it until then, Surprising how much i remembered considering i never really paid much attention.

One thing i found the few times we used toll roads was what a pain in the bum the pay booths (unmaned) ones were, although our van is left hand drive and has no front doors i had to get out of the van to put the cash/card in as they were too low to reach thro` the window.

Other than that i`d heard the scare stories about aires and gas attacks but felt safer in France than in the Uk.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault/ Burstner Delphin 821T performan
    Thanks a lot for posting this comprehensive info, well done. We're off from Dover in 2 weeks time to France, Spain & Portugal, so a lot of useful stuff in your info.

Thanks again and have yourself a good trip, cheers Lou & Terri.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Vanless (till March)
    Sky, thanks for such a helpful and informative update. Done France a few times but only a week or so at a time, different ball game for longer periods and your advice will hopefully come in handy in the future.

gaz2676 Guest
    very good of you to take time to do this thread respect gonna store this somewhere for future reference cos when i want it i wont find it
    thanks for a great read learn t loads
    ps just subscribed to the thread hope that stores it where i can find it again
    Last edited by gaz2676; 19-03-2013 at 22:21.
    Likes Sky liked this post

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information