Member Number
    Motorhome
    Lunar Premier H622

Despite the "Blue Peter" suggestion it may be as well to visit

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    1 Only real way to check

2 They may advise on the location of the Filler socket
    3 Also how the various tubes will fit in

4 Perhaps you can buy the tank from them and save on delivery.

We had similar issues over locker size

I arrange to visit an installer and they fitted the same day/half-day.
    The also fitted an external BBQ point and obviously tested for leaks (or should I say Leeks)

It also meant we fitted 2 larger tanks rather than a "Little and Large solution"

I am happier with 2 tanks One lasts about a fortnight Then we swap and so I have about 10 days to top up
    Topping up does both tanks

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autocruise
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesting Zombie View Post
    Just Cut a Piece of Ply OR Find a Cardboard Box (Blue Peter Style) as a template and see !
    Save the fuel, & Brings out your creative side lol lol.
    Great idea , thanks spoilsport I was looking forward to a trip out. ( only joking ). I'm sure there are better places to go, chucking it down here , will be glad when better weather is here , I can watch it rain just as easy in my van as at home but not the same for everyone I know.
    Last edited by saxonrosie; 09-01-2017 at 09:28. Reason: Spelling

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motorhome (aka The Nest)
    Its surprising what you see when you're just mooching around isn't it.
    I Know you haven't considered this (Thank Heavens) But for others out there PLEASE PLEASE JUST DONT -

Dropbox - 10513332_10152232184205518_403474043385049983_n[1]_1.jpg

Unless its a Properly Fitted & Plumbed Forklift type Bottle, Or Horizontal Re Fillable Bottle Of course.
    THIS ONE ISNT !.....

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autocruise
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesting Zombie View Post
    Its surprising what you see when you're just mooching around isn't it.
    I Know you haven't considered this (Thank Heavens) But for others out there PLEASE PLEASE JUST DONT -

Dropbox - 10513332_10152232184205518_403474043385049983_n[1]_1.jpg

Unless its a Properly Fitted & Plumbed Forklift type Bottle, Or Horizontal Re Fillable Bottle Of course.
    THIS ONE ISNT !.....
    How scary is that , never ceases to amaze you does what some people think is ok.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motorhome (aka The Nest)
    Frightened the Hell out of me when first seen, But I hope They Stand it up Outside the Gas Locker to use it !. Although there doesn't appear to be enough slack on the Flexible pipework to do that does there !.
    Looks Rough in my view, But Cost effective I suppose !. Each to there own if that's what they do.

I have to admit I HAVE done the same though (stood a Standard bottle outside gas locker & used) on one occasion for over a week in fact, when I ran out of gas on my Fitted RE fillable Bottle, & was given a half full standard 13kg Bottle for nothing by a mate when I was visiting him at his mooring in Keynsham last spring. But I was Parked up for the week IN a Yard, NOT on a road or Path with Public access, & would do the same again if needs be & was Parked in a similarly appropriate place for a while !.
    A good emergency feature I think and Plus point in having Gas locker Re fillable Bottle as apposed to an Underslung Re fillable tank, in that you can simply connect the Standard Outlet Regulator used on your Fitted refillable Bottles straight on to a standard bottle if needs be.
    But wanted to make a point via the pix I posted earlier to the Un initiated about actually NOT USING a gas bottle on its side that hasn't been designed to be mounted like that.
    Last edited by Nesting Zombie; 10-01-2017 at 16:17.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1996 Dethleffs Globe Trotter
    Quote Originally Posted by saxonrosie View Post
    Thanks for that but I have those measurements from the website, the bottle will fit just in the locker but it's a question of whether it will go through the door, as with most vans I have seen locker space inside is bigger than door gap. At the minute I'm thinking of a trip to the factory about three hour trip each way ,I'm sure I can find a spot to overnight, then it will be straight from the horses mouth so to speak, only problem I can see is talking hubby into the trip, extra fuel blah blah blah.😀😀
    I went to Autogas2000 and they were very helpful, they even cut the filler hole in the skirt for me once I'd decided what to purchase.
    I had no problem with size but wanted to compare the Alugas with the RV steel bottle (Gasit are the same as RV by the way) which was a mistake as the difference in weight is surprising so I decided to save weight rather than money and the single 11kg bottle kit was around 80.00 more for the Alugas than the RV steel one. I have the same "old type" regulator as you do and they supplied me with a POL adapter so I could use it with the Alugas bottle, the same adapter works with the steel bottle. As someone as already pointed out the top shroud on the Alugas is removable.
    I fitted mine a couple of weeks ago and it cost me 11.16 to fill it, a bit better than the 23.95 for a 6kg Calorlite bottle!
    Autogas2000 maybe closer to you than Gasit, I'm not sure as I don't know where in Lancashire you are. Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Del
    I have PMA (Positive Mental Attitude) I'm Positive, I'm Mental and now I have Attitude.

grath is offline Full Member
    Name: Graham
    Spouse: Kathleen

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B654 SL Star Edition 3 Ltr, 4500kg
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysared View Post
    I went to Autogas2000 and they were very helpful, they even cut the filler hole in the skirt for me once I'd decided what to purchase.
    I had no problem with size but wanted to compare the Alugas with the RV steel bottle (Gasit are the same as RV by the way) which was a mistake as the difference in weight is surprising so I decided to save weight rather than money and the single 11kg bottle kit was around 80.00 more for the Alugas than the RV steel one. I have the same "old type" regulator as you do and they supplied me with a POL adapter so I could use it with the Alugas bottle, the same adapter works with the steel bottle. As someone as already pointed out the top shroud on the Alugas is removable.
    I fitted mine a couple of weeks ago and it cost me 11.16 to fill it, a bit better than the 23.95 for a 6kg Calorlite bottle!
    Autogas2000 maybe closer to you than Gasit, I'm not sure as I don't know where in Lancashire you are. Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Del
    Yes, it was I, who pointed out that the top handle is removable.
    Good decision to go for Alugas cylinders, the weight difference is a great saving, particularly on a twin set up!
    Graham+Kath = grath
    Tramping the Dream, Chasing Rainbows & Enjoying the Pot of Sunshine

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1996 Dethleffs Globe Trotter
    Quote Originally Posted by grath View Post
    Yes, it was I, who pointed out that the top handle is removable.
    Good decision to go for Alugas cylinders, the weight difference is a great saving, particularly on a twin set up!
    I couldn't afford the twin bottle kit but will be adding a second bottle as soon as finances allow and I'm sure the weight difference will prove to be a good choice.

Regards,
    Del
    I have PMA (Positive Mental Attitude) I'm Positive, I'm Mental and now I have Attitude.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information