CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS


Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Stealth tv aerial...

  1. #21

    Member Number
    49264
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    402


    CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by sak View Post
    I use a Necvox aerial small magnetic mount from Amazon, it works really well but I don't bother with the tv all that much.
    Hi, how big is this and can you leave it on the van permanently?
    Thanks
    G

  2. #22

    Member Number
    39158
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    15,544
    Motorhome
    Rapido Le Randonneur 763F
    Quote Originally Posted by gypo View Post
    Hi, how big is this and can you leave it on the van permanently?
    Thanks
    G
    It looks like a joystick stands about 5/6 inches tall I leave mine on semi permanent I only put it away when the van is parked up on my drive once I am out I leave it stuck to the roof I have driven hundreds of miles and it's never moved.
    Rock bottom is the firm foundation i rebuilt my life on. J k Rowling

  3. #23

    Member Number
    49264
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    402
    I have a status aerial which works fine but is a bit big to leave on the roof permenantly, also it requires a booster.
    I imagine that the above aerial would not be as good as the status one going by the size of it?
    Thanks
    G

  4. #24

    Member Number
    63531
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2,411
    Motorhome
    Motorhome (aka The Nest)
    Quote Originally Posted by bedonwheels View Post
    I enjoy the tele, for me it's a bit of company, keeps me in touch with what's happening in the world, can have me howling with laughter and sometimes tearful and can send me off to sleep. Freeview has more than enough channels for me and a few through the night where some laaaadies must be in a very very hot room as they've taken off most of their kit :-0
    Yes, Your right There has certainly been some Great stuff on TV that Really gets me giggling at times, But Have to say ALL Soaps & Reality Series Annoy the hell out of me. & Lets be fair 60% of TV is Soaps n Reality Series lol lol.
    I think the main reason that TV isn't that important to me personally is, It Kinda ends up Dictating your Habits, & therefore your Life without you realising it, !. When you Move & Having to be Parked up somewhere suitable, Settled because X is on at 18:00 followed by Y at 20:00 and before you know it you have spent 4 nights a week shut in your metal box, Blinds drawn, watching TV with your Earphones on To minimize Noise on-board & therefore Ensure minimum outside interest (Which is The whole point of having a 'Stealth Camper') Then there's the Power requirements it needs & Therefore has the need to be replaced, Then a possible Areal Booster, & the Power that needs etc etc it all mounts up, especially if as you say you fall asleep with it on !. You see how one thing leads to another !. & all this because people want a bit of company !.
    Ive got an Obvious Motorhome, No Stealth about it. & I find that in a lot of Park ups it attracts LESS interest than a Panel Van Parked up in the same place. as People Know why im there, its obvious. I spend as much time OFF of it as ON, even if I'm sat just outside having a Coffee looking at a Map !. I find Plenty of opportunities to interact that with people when parked up by way of a simple 'Hello' a 20 min or more conversation can easily follow, Sometimes more if similar interest are apparent.
    I'm alone, Company is of course always welcome, But I'm certainly NOT Lonely.
    My On-board Entertainment & Communications are -
    My Phone, My Laptop & My Hard Drive
    With around 650 Movies, Some TV series & Loads of Music. That I can Pick up n Put down n Pick up again from where I left off whenever I want. Catch up on the News, Weather, Forum, Email & Speak to my mates, Whilst listening to the Radio. it takes Minimal Power, Has its Own Battery & is easy to re Charge PLUSS yes if I want I can watch catch up TV I Player on it !. then chuck it in a draw out the way.

    Blinking Hell I Ramble on don't i.

  5. #25

    Member Number
    39158
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    15,544
    Motorhome
    Rapido Le Randonneur 763F
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesting Zombie View Post
    Yes, Your right There has certainly been some Great stuff on TV that Really gets me giggling at times, But Have to say ALL Soaps & Reality Series Annoy the hell out of me. & Lets be fair 60% of TV is Soaps n Reality Series lol lol.
    I think the main reason that TV isn't that important to me personally is, It Kinda ends up Dictating your Habits, & therefore your Life without you realising it, !. When you Move & Having to be Parked up somewhere suitable, Settled because X is on at 18:00 followed by Y at 20:00 and before you know it you have spent 4 nights a week shut in your metal box, Blinds drawn, watching TV with your Earphones on To minimize Noise on-board & therefore Ensure minimum outside interest (Which is The whole point of having a 'Stealth Camper') Then there's the Power requirements it needs & Therefore has the need to be replaced, Then a possible Areal Booster, & the Power that needs etc etc it all mounts up, especially if as you say you fall asleep with it on !. You see how one thing leads to another !. & all this because people want a bit of company !.
    Ive got an Obvious Motorhome, No Stealth about it. & I find that in a lot of Park ups it attracts LESS interest than a Panel Van Parked up in the same place. as People Know why im there, its obvious. I spend as much time OFF of it as ON, even if I'm sat just outside having a Coffee looking at a Map !. I find Plenty of opportunities to interact that with people when parked up by way of a simple 'Hello' a 20 min or more conversation can easily follow, Sometimes more if similar interest are apparent.
    I'm alone, Company is of course always welcome, But I'm certainly NOT Lonely.
    My On-board Entertainment & Communications are -
    My Phone, My Laptop & My Hard Drive
    With around 650 Movies, Some TV series & Loads of Music. That I can Pick up n Put down n Pick up again from where I left off whenever I want. Catch up on the News, Weather, Forum, Email & Speak to my mates, Whilst listening to the Radio. it takes Minimal Power, Has its Own Battery & is easy to re Charge PLUSS yes if I want I can watch catch up TV I Player on it !. then chuck it in a draw out the way.

    Blinking Hell I Ramble on don't i.
    Yup but we're a tolerant bunch on the whole lol.
    Rock bottom is the firm foundation i rebuilt my life on. J k Rowling

  6. #26

    Member Number
    45290
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesting Zombie View Post
    Yes, Your right There has certainly been some Great stuff on TV that Really gets me giggling at times, But Have to say ALL Soaps & Reality Series Annoy the hell out of me. & Lets be fair 60% of TV is Soaps n Reality Series lol lol.
    I think the main reason that TV isn't that important to me personally is, It Kinda ends up Dictating your Habits, & therefore your Life without you realising it, !. When you Move & Having to be Parked up somewhere suitable, Settled because X is on at 18:00 followed by Y at 20:00 and before you know it you have spent 4 nights a week shut in your metal box, Blinds drawn, watching TV with your Earphones on To minimize Noise on-board & therefore Ensure minimum outside interest (Which is The whole point of having a 'Stealth Camper') Then there's the Power requirements it needs & Therefore has the need to be replaced, Then a possible Areal Booster, & the Power that needs etc etc it all mounts up, especially if as you say you fall asleep with it on !. You see how one thing leads to another !. & all this because people want a bit of company !.
    Ive got an Obvious Motorhome, No Stealth about it. & I find that in a lot of Park ups it attracts LESS interest than a Panel Van Parked up in the same place. as People Know why im there, its obvious. I spend as much time OFF of it as ON, even if I'm sat just outside having a Coffee looking at a Map !. I find Plenty of opportunities to interact that with people when parked up by way of a simple 'Hello' a 20 min or more conversation can easily follow, Sometimes more if similar interest are apparent.
    I'm alone, Company is of course always welcome, But I'm certainly NOT Lonely.
    My On-board Entertainment & Communications are -
    My Phone, My Laptop & My Hard Drive
    With around 650 Movies, Some TV series & Loads of Music. That I can Pick up n Put down n Pick up again from where I left off whenever I want. Catch up on the News, Weather, Forum, Email & Speak to my mates, Whilst listening to the Radio. it takes Minimal Power, Has its Own Battery & is easy to re Charge PLUSS yes if I want I can watch catch up TV I Player on it !. then chuck it in a draw out the way.

    Blinking Hell I Ramble on don't i.
    That's been my opinion for a long time... I personally know game keepers AND others that would be very very suspicious about a plain van parked up in some locations in the middle of the night....
    'stealth' camping isn't for me about not being seen so much as leaving no trace (Barring a spot I've parked at usually being cleaner when I've left) of me ever having being there.

  7. #27

    Member Number
    21946
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    271
    Motorhome
    Vw T5
    Quote Originally Posted by gypo View Post
    I have a status aerial which works fine but is a bit big to leave on the roof permenantly, also it requires a booster.
    I imagine that the above aerial would not be as good as the status one going by the size of it?
    Thanks
    G
    I didn't think the Necvox would be as good as it is but has always found channels for us, a guy once told me if it is not picking up as many channels when it is on the roof of the van try putting it on the side.

  8. #28

    Member Number
    49264
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    402
    Thanks, it's not that we watch much tv but it would be nice to have the aerial on the roof permanently so it's only a matter of just switching it on. The status one is good but a tad big.
    G

  9. #29

    Member Number
    64209
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    110
    Motorhome
    Stealth Sprinter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesting Zombie View Post
    Yes, Your right There has certainly been some Great stuff on TV that Really gets me giggling at times, But Have to say ALL Soaps & Reality Series Annoy the hell out of me. & Lets be fair 60% of TV is Soaps n Reality Series lol lol.
    I think the main reason that TV isn't that important to me personally is, It Kinda ends up Dictating your Habits, & therefore your Life without you realising it, !. When you Move & Having to be Parked up somewhere suitable, Settled because X is on at 18:00 followed by Y at 20:00 and before you know it you have spent 4 nights a week shut in your metal box, Blinds drawn, watching TV with your Earphones on To minimize Noise on-board & therefore Ensure minimum outside interest (Which is The whole point of having a 'Stealth Camper') Then there's the Power requirements it needs & Therefore has the need to be replaced, Then a possible Areal Booster, & the Power that needs etc etc it all mounts up, especially if as you say you fall asleep with it on !. You see how one thing leads to another !. & all this because people want a bit of company !.
    Ive got an Obvious Motorhome, No Stealth about it. & I find that in a lot of Park ups it attracts LESS interest than a Panel Van Parked up in the same place. as People Know why im there, its obvious. I spend as much time OFF of it as ON, even if I'm sat just outside having a Coffee looking at a Map !. I find Plenty of opportunities to interact that with people when parked up by way of a simple 'Hello' a 20 min or more conversation can easily follow, Sometimes more if similar interest are apparent.
    I'm alone, Company is of course always welcome, But I'm certainly NOT Lonely.
    My On-board Entertainment & Communications are -
    My Phone, My Laptop & My Hard Drive
    With around 650 Movies, Some TV series & Loads of Music. That I can Pick up n Put down n Pick up again from where I left off whenever I want. Catch up on the News, Weather, Forum, Email & Speak to my mates, Whilst listening to the Radio. it takes Minimal Power, Has its Own Battery & is easy to re Charge PLUSS yes if I want I can watch catch up TV I Player on it !. then chuck it in a draw out the way.

    Blinking Hell I Ramble on don't i.
    I cannot stand the soaps and would never be ruled by TV. Nowadays a small set only draws about 35 watts, that with the lecky blanket on low and an LED light the battery will last a couple of nights if I don't drive to charge it up. My camper use is often part of deliveries around the UK with my work so I get to meet people and have a jaw but of a nighttime I don't venture far from the van due to the value of what stock I carry in it. Evenings find me sorting work emails, routes to plan and takeaways to find! I use my stealth camper mainly to save me the expenses of motels for 1 - 3 weeks at a time more than leisure although I will stretch my route to see bits of the country that appeal and set my satnav to avoid motorways to see as much of what good old Blighty has to offer...

    Drifting off on a tangent now... oops
    Just love driving around the UK in my stealth camper!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •