CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stealth tv aerial...

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Stealth Sprinter

Stealth tv aerial...

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Up until recently I've always struggled to get a decent TV signal using cheapo indoor aerials perched on the roof or aiming out of a window. I didn't want the expense of a 'proper' aerial nor to take away some of the Stealth side of things with a permanent one on the roof... Then, at a bootfair I noticed a nifty little brand new in the box one from Asda, I paid 1, they're about a tenner in Asda. In town they're amazingly good with it simply pressed up against a window, out in the sticks I pop it on this wee reflector made out of the side of a hot water cylinder.

Of course you may have to find the right direction to aim it but well worth a try. Of course Asda will always refund you if you don't have my success. Here's a shot of it sitting on the dashboard.

TV AERIAL VAN.jpg
    Just love driving around the UK in my stealth camper!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Rapido Le Randonneur 763F
    Try a truck TV ariel the one that looks like a little joy stick I have used them for years a great little Ariel magnetic base sticks to the roof of van which acts as a ground plate brilliant and unobtrusive.
    Rock bottom is the firm foundation i rebuilt my life on. J k Rowling

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motorhome (aka The Nest)
    Quote Originally Posted by bedonwheels View Post
    Up until recently I've always struggled to get a decent TV signal using cheapo indoor aerials perched on the roof or aiming out of a window. I didn't want the expense of a 'proper' aerial nor to take away some of the Stealth side of things with a permanent one on the roof... Then, at a bootfair I noticed a nifty little brand new in the box one from Asda, I paid 1, they're about a tenner in Asda. In town they're amazingly good with it simply pressed up against a window, out in the sticks I pop it on this wee reflector made out of the side of a hot water cylinder.

Of course you may have to find the right direction to aim it but well worth a try. Of course Asda will always refund you if you don't have my success. Here's a shot of it sitting on the dashboard.

TV AERIAL VAN.jpg
    That's a good buy !, Well done.
    How often do you Stealth Camp ? Do you actually watch a lot of TV ?.
    I know a lot of people do and this looks a neat areal.
    it will be good to see how your bargain performs in different places round and about.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Land Rover Defender XD130 Pulse Ambulance conversion (ex MOD/NATO)
    Quote Originally Posted by campervanannie View Post
    ........ great little Ariel magnetic base sticks to the roof of van ........
    Not on my aluminium alloy one, or any GRP/plastic ones for that matter!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Rapido Le Randonneur 763F
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve121 View Post
    Not on my aluminium alloy one, or any GRP/plastic ones for that matter!
    I am aware that magnets don't work on plastic or aluminium but it's works great on my converted Peugeot Boxer. 😛😛
    Rock bottom is the firm foundation i rebuilt my life on. J k Rowling

Member Number
    Motorhome
    movano

Arial

SLX Digidome arial .... best Tv arial i have found works everywhere and it 12v booster

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by bedonwheels View Post

TV AERIAL VAN.jpg
    Its just a loop with no gain where as a asda end feed table top yagi at 5 will give a good bit of gain.i.
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    Motorhome
    vw camper van
    Quote Originally Posted by campervanannie View Post
    Try a truck TV ariel the one that looks like a little joy stick I have used them for years a great little Ariel magnetic base sticks to the roof of van which acts as a ground plate brilliant and unobtrusive.
    I've recently bought one of these,,, great little aerial & signal strength was about 95%.. got all the freeview & council channels .
    if i'm doing nothing,,, how will I know when i'm finished ?

Member Number
    We use one of these when signal is poor....

Moonraker DTV1000 Outdoor Digital Aerial | Maplin

Directional so needs to be pointed in the direction of some signal...

Mostly we rely on this omnidirectional one which gets signal most of the time.

August DTA250 - High Gain TV Aerial - DVB-T Antenna for Freeview Television | eBay

Member Number
    Motorhome
    relay
    I made the mistake of buying a Maplins Moonraker Ariel, I got a better signal pressing the coax against a metal window frame.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information