CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Thread: Campervan Electric

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Trafic T1100 Leisuredrive Relax

Campervan Electric

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Hi everyone, I'm a newbie, so please be gentle😊.

I recently bought my first van, an old Renault Trafic T1100 Leisuredrive Relax. Had some great nights away already, but have a problem with the electrical system. 240v is fine. However the 12v system has been subject to some DIY repairs in the past ie bypassed with a wire from under the dash to a bank of cigarette lighter sockets. The control unit in the van that has can/van switch, water pump etc is dead.

I would like to get this repaired and back to original working order, but not electrically minded myself. So, looking for advice on where to go to get it fixed, I'm in south
    Cumbria and would prefer somewhere within an hour or so drive.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by steveobugrit View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm a newbie, so please be gentle😊.

I recently bought my first van, an old Renault Trafic T1100 Leisuredrive Relax. Had some great nights away already, but have a problem with the electrical system. 240v is fine. However the 12v system has been subject to some DIY repairs in the past ie bypassed with a wire from under the dash to a bank of cigarette lighter sockets. The control unit in the van that has can/van switch, water pump etc is dead.

I would like to get this repaired and back to original working order, but not electrically minded myself. So, looking for advice on where to go to get it fixed, I'm in south
    Cumbria and would prefer somewhere within an hour or so drive.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    It's a job for an auto electrician they would find it easy to correct.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    motorhome elldiss 140 . 2010 model
    Bardsea leisure.priory road ulverston LA129QE is the local motorhome repair or sales for south cumbria

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Frankia i680ED
    Hi Steve,

We have used rscampervans at Burneside near Kendal. They have carried out work on our van that was high quality and the right price. Usual disclaimer. No connection, I`m only a happy customer.

Have a look at

Campervan Conversion | RS Campervans | Kendal, Cumbria

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Any MCEA engineer should be able to do it, most are mobile.

A vehicle of that vintage Zig units were the chosen thing. If the unit is naff, enough used ones kicking about in breakers now that a transplant shouldn't cost a limb

Mobile Caravan Engineers - Mobile Repairs Service for Touring Caravans Campervans and Motorhome Caravans

Channa

Member Number
    Motorhome

Thank you.

Thanks for the advice everyone, at least I know what to start looking for now,a great help.

Member Number
    Motorhome

Thank you.

Cheers Fell side,

Took it to Paul today, really nice chap and very helpful. He is going to sort out the elective for me and diagnosed a dud leisure battery while I was there.

Great tip and so glad I joined the forum.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Fellside View Post
    Hi Steve,

We have used rscampervans at Burneside near Kendal. They have carried out work on our van that was high quality and the right price. Usual disclaimer. No connection, I`m only a happy customer.

Have a look at

Campervan Conversion | RS Campervans | Kendal, Cumbria

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Frankia i680ED
    Hi Steve

Glad you are getting it sorted. Paul is always busy. Did he have a conversion in the workshop? Its interesting to see what is hidden behind the panelling on van conversions. He uses lots of insulation not the “silver bubble wrap” that mainstream converter do.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    I didn't get to have a look round unfortunately, shutters were down as we had horizontal rain yesterday, the drive over the exposed parts of the A590 were err, interesting, in the high winds. Good job it was dual carriageway as I needed both lanes😨

Quote Originally Posted by Fellside View Post
    Hi Steve

Glad you are getting it sorted. Paul is always busy. Did he have a conversion in the workshop? Its interesting to see what is hidden behind the panelling on van conversions. He uses lots of insulation not the “silver bubble wrap” that mainstream converter do.

Thread Information