CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Electric Hookup Cable Length!?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Eura Mobil Integra

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Carry a 25m one but rarely use it, a shorter one at home to plug in the van in the garden to keep all batteries trickle charging.
    I think, by regulation the longest EHU you can buy in UK is 25m.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B660SL
    I have 2 x 25m, 1 x 15m, 1 x 5m, 1 x 3m with 3 outlets, 1 x splitter, 1 x reverse polarity plus various adaptors for the different outlets I find at various race circuits around Europe, and there have been times when I've had to use all the cables.

Graham

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Avantgarde 140
    Oh seriously guys! Give a man a chance to make innuendos about length and he just won't be able to resist

I just carry one cable - 25m. Don't use it that often but when I do, I always unwind the whole thing and then just lay it loosely backwards and forwards to fit the space, if that makes sense. I have another one at home for hook-up to the garage when I want to get the fridge down to temp or in the winter for a frost-free little heater. I carry a converter to normal 3-pin mains on the van, in case I park up on someone's drive and they can plug me in to their supply.

wakk44 is offline Full member
    Name: Steve
    Spouse: memsahib

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B644
    Quote Originally Posted by helen262 View Post
    I had a 25mtr I bought two more plugs one of each, then cut 10 Mtr off put the plugs on the bare ends so now I have a 15 mtr a 10mtr which is all have needed so far, or I can connect them together to make 25 mtr
    That's exactly what I have done and it is suitable for the majority of situations.I'm not too bothered about a hook up as I have electrical independence for 3 seasons of the year and can last around a week in winter which is adequate for the way we use our motorhome.I prefer it like that because occasionally some of the best views on a campsite are from the non electric pitches which is a good reason to upgrade the leisure battery bank and fit solar panels.

After seeing the tangled mess of cables and splitters at the Honfleur aire I don't really want to plug in there anyway.
    If at first you don't succeed,skydiving is not for you.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mclouis Tandy
    We have a single 25 metre, whilst I keep meaning to get another and cut it into a 10 & 15 metre have never got around to it. Touch wood we have always managed to get by with it on some Aires such as Honfleur and Treviris we have had to face the other way to what we wanted but always got by.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bedford CF 250
    Thanks for sharing everyone Some of you have A LOT of cables!! Think I will have to manage with just the one. Think I will go for a 25m.

The van we're hopefully getting has a leisure battery which charges off the main battery when running (I am so new to this I don't know the fancy terms!!! )

What adapter will I need if we want to plug this in at home?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Master PVC
    Quote Originally Posted by christyjade View Post
    Thanks for sharing everyone Some of you have A LOT of cables!! Think I will have to manage with just the one. Think I will go for a 25m.

The van we're hopefully getting has a leisure battery which charges off the main battery when running (I am so new to this I don't know the fancy terms!!! )

What adapter will I need if we want to plug this in at home?

One of these is what you need;

Mains Shore Power 3 Pin Adapter | Marine Super Store
    God bless Colonel Sanders. Marvellous man!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    nuevo
    I think you will find that EHU leads, like hose pipes for topping up your water are always exactly the wrong length

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information