CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Gas at fridge burner?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer 700S & Hymer 580S

No Gas at fridge burner?

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    I'm having problems with my fridge , it's a dometic RM7291L. I've done all the usual things including putting a new burner on it. The problem seems to be that I am not getting any gas through to the burner even though the jet is clear, no smell of gas when it's trying to light either. Spark is good. Ideas of what to try next?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Rapido
    is it turned on at the isolater start a fridge and work backward or try attaching a hose to isolaer and blow it throught then go back to gas bottle make sure that isn't empty and it is turned on read on here other day someone didn't turn their gas on or could it be a faulty flame failure device
    photos are up in members chat from orkney

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer 700S & Hymer 580S
    Quote Originally Posted by oldish hippy View Post
    is it turned on at the isolater start a fridge and work backward or try attaching a hose to isolaer and blow it throught then go back to gas bottle make sure that isn't empty and it is turned on read on here other day someone didn't turn their gas on or could it be a faulty flame failure device
    Thanks, have gas and have worked back as far as I can, fridge isolator is on a manifold that looks like a nightmare to start playing with...

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Rapido
    think most manifold are screwed together to enable you to replace a faulty isolator

Member Number
    Have you had it working before? Is this the one that has a problem with the knob you have to push and hold to get it going? Problem being that the surround of the knob bottoms out without pushing the shaft in enough.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW T5 Auto-Sleepers Trooper
    Try a bit of damp newspaper stuffed in the spindle hole of the knob this allows the spindle to be fully depressed.

Alf

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer 700S & Hymer 580S
    think most manifold are screwed together to enable you to replace a faulty isolator
    Yes I'd probably tackle it if I was at home but I'm in Portugal, I'm hoping that there may be an easier solution. The fridge was working then just stopped, would a faulty isolator turn off the gas?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer 700S & Hymer 580S
    Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    Try a bit of damp newspaper stuffed in the spindle hole of the knob this allows the spindle to be fully depressed.

Alf
    It's not a type that you depress, you just switch it to gas.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Rapido
    could the switch have rounded is there a flat on the plastic turn switch that has rounded and not turning the rotary switch on the fridege itself

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer 700S & Hymer 580S
    could the switch have rounded is there a flat on the plastic turn switch that has rounded and not turning the rotary switch on the fridege itself
    I think the switch is working ok as it lights up and starts the ignition sequence, I'm thinking that maybe it is an electronics problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information