CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trackers and dash cams

Member Number
    Motorhome
    LDV PILOT BRAEMAR MACHZONE

Trackers and dash cams

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    I know these are different entities but wondered if anyone can recommend reasonably priced but efficient trackers or dash cams. I was thinking of built in with the tracker hidden and the dashcam activated when the engine is started. Alternative mode experience of use would also be useful. Thanks

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Eura Mobil Integra
    It may be worth doing a search on WC for this topic, I know I have posted my "setup".
    I have one like this HD DVR 170 Car Dash Cam Recorder 1080p LED Night Vision G-sensor+Rear Camera
    It has been wired so that as soon as the ignition is turned on the cameras record. I have had this permanently mounted for the past couple of years and it has worked fine, although I have not had need to use the footage as evidence, I have checked it periodically to see what has been recorded.
    It records on a loop, so fit and hopefully not need.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Rapido 987M
    I picked up a nice dash cam at Aldi last Thus on special offer...... 40.
    works just fine, maybe they still have some.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    motorhome. Rapido 986F
    I have a Phantom Pro Active tracker fitted to my van, I was lucky as it already had one of their old units fitted before so they offered me an upgrade to this latest model.
    The unit is very well hidden in the van and I can switch it on and off with a hidden switch, there is also an app to download and gives you all sorts of info and things you can do with your phone including the state of the van battery, Phantom themselves are really on the ball too as I have quite often driven off without turning it off, within around a mile on the road they are calling me or the wife to make sure it's moving genuinely.
    A new model fitted I think is around 450 and they come to you, but for the piece of mind knowing exactly where your van is it's worth every penny.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Two from ebay 12 8 both work 100% sd card required up to 32gig and it records if you wish in a stream or loop.
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1997 Lunar Road Star 570 2001 BMW 1150RS
    Dash cams are well worth having and the Aldi one is pretty damned good. Trackers are a different kettle of fish, they, like locks, only stop the opportunist scrote. Off fleabay the tea leaf could buy this GPS ANTI TRACKER STALKING CASE........ | eBay , for next to nowt
    President of the eco friendly green roof movement

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motor home

dash cam

My one is aldi as I change lorrys the bat dies and have to redate it offtan. Now one year old. So get it hard wired in van
    But what setting do you use for video as 32gig card is only a day loop in full hd for the lorry. So dont save any thing after 3 days . Law states 14 days notice. Especially with mobil car parking tickets enforcement. ? Or bus lanes camrars.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    If you want a dashcam that is worth having, you need good image quality, particularly at night. That means at least 1080p resolution and a good lens system.
    You also need reliability. It needs to work automatically, year in, year out.
    As far as I know there is only one good dashcam that fits these two criteria as well as being small and reasonably priced. It is called a Mobius. However, buy version 1 (in A B or C lens formats) Version 2 is more expensive and less reliable.
    As far as trackers are concerned, lots of people give bad advice about these. For a start, they don't prevent theft. That's not what they are for. They help recovery, that's all.
    Yes, GPS can be jammed, but the 30 tk103 trackers still work well enough if their GPS can't get a signal. They use cell location data instead.
    Very reliable, very cheap, very effective, but ideally you get them to connect to a server and report all the time. Many people would find that a bit challenging to set up, but the basic SMS reporting mode is good enough.

Member Number
    I bought the Aldinone last week, had to make my own bracket to fit it though as there isn't enough room to fit it on the windscreen with the folding blinds. The tracker is fitted as standard on all new Swifts just need to pay subscription 95 a year to have it monitored. On one of our first trips out we travelled late at night & had a few stops, because the battery on my sat nav doesn't hold a charge I was having to turn the ignition to power it, I did this each time we stopped as I was looking for different places. We then got a phone call from the tracking company asking if were in the vehicle & if so did we have a problem. Nice to know that it does work. Also got a reasonable amount knocked off the insurance.
    Ed

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Dethleffs 4 Travel
    I have a GTP tracker from Global Telemetrics. Seems to work. Nice little phone app to show you on a map where your vehicle is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information