CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Power Shower

Member Number
    Motorhome
    motorhome

No Power Shower

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    We're on our 3rd van conversion and have a 2012 Globecar on a Fiat Ducato. We're 98% satisfied with it and the only niggly thing about it, is the shower. Not the cubicle or size ....... just the "dribble". Had several new pumps fitted by Elite Motorhomes (W***ers) under the warranty, but none have done any good. Had all the pipework checked and there are no kinks in it. Warranty has run our now and have looked at other vans but none of them tick as many boxes as this one. If you stand in the shower with your back to the shower head it basically dribbles onto your shoulder and runs down your back, if you want to wet any other part of your body, you have to take the shower head out of the holder and move it about all over your body just to get wet. Ideally I would like one of those rain shower heads that are about a foot square, then the actual power of the shower wouldn't bother me. Any ideas or suggestions? Know of anyone in the Yorkshire area who might be able to sort it (without it costing an arm and a leg) grateful for any info.

Mick

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by janandmick View Post
    We're on our 3rd van conversion and have a 2012 Globecar on a Fiat Ducato. We're 98% satisfied with it and the only niggly thing about it, is the shower. Not the cubicle or size ....... just the "dribble". Had several new pumps fitted by Elite Motorhomes (W***ers) under the warranty, but none have done any good. Had all the pipework checked and there are no kinks in it. Warranty has run our now and have looked at other vans but none of them tick as many boxes as this one. If you stand in the shower with your back to the shower head it basically dribbles onto your shoulder and runs down your back, if you want to wet any other part of your body, you have to take the shower head out of the holder and move it about all over your body just to get wet. Ideally I would like one of those rain shower heads that are about a foot square, then the actual power of the shower wouldn't bother me. Any ideas or suggestions? Know of anyone in the Yorkshire area who might be able to sort it (without it costing an arm and a leg) grateful for any info.

Mick
    Yes book into a hotel.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW T5 Auto-Sleepers Trooper
    You will most properly find that the shower hose inner liner has a kink in it or is of poor quality, try replacing this yourself and try not to twist is as you use it.
    First remove the shower head and try the shower hose into a bucket . You must remember you have a limited water supply and no Motorhome Shower will compete with the one at home

Alf

Member Number
    Motorhome
    nu venture rio
    Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    You will most properly find that the shower hose inner liner has a kink in it or is of poor quality, try replacing this yourself and try not to twist is as you use it.
    First remove the shower head and try the shower hose into a bucket . You must remember you have a limited water supply and no Motorhome Shower will compete with the one at home

Alf
    . Good point Alf .I have not had that problem in the van but several times at home

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bessacar and a Rimor K Max
    Definitely try what Alf suggests and also try de-scaling the inside of the shower head or just buy a new one, really cheap on ebay.

Member Number
    Motorhome

Member Number
    Sorry but you need a caravan shower head.

Caravan shower heads have smaller holes and hence give you more thrust.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Quote Originally Posted by harrow View Post
    Sorry but you need a caravan shower head.

Caravan shower heads have smaller holes and hence give you more thrust.

I have that cheapo in my MH and it works a treat, mind you, I don't like to be turbo blasted by something resembling a Karcher washer.
    I can't vouch for the square one though. The poster did say he wouldn't mind a rain dribble hence the second one.

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by izwozral View Post
    I have that cheapo in my MH and it works a treat, mind you, I don't like to be turbo blasted by something resembling a Karcher washer.
    I can't vouch for the square one though. The poster did say he wouldn't mind a rain dribble hence the second one.
    Now that's an idea a Karcher washer running off the inverter,

that would give you a power shower !

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Awaiting delivery of PVC
    Quote Originally Posted by janandmick View Post

Mick
    My 2012 Globecar Globescout shower is just the same. Does the head double as the sink tap like mine?

Pressure is fine as a tap but seems to weaken when you pull it out for a shower. When held over your head it's pushing a long way uphill I suppose.

You do eventually get clean but it is a faff. Only bonus is big saving on water.

I upgraded my pump when original died but no better.

I know a chap with one who is a caravan/motorhome tech.and he hasn't been able to improve it.

My last van was 2004 Autosleeper and was frankly poor, but the shower was great, so it's no excuse.

I'm thinking along same lines as you re bigger shower head. I cycle a lot so really need my shower.

Korky.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information