CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those without a shower in their van?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    citroen relay conversionish stealth camper

For those without a shower in their van?

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Has anyone tried these:

Muc-Off Dry Shower 50 ml: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

such mixed reviews, seems like an option to consider though? Was looking for skin wipes initially. Think one would need some large wipes (conti-wipes) or maybe that extra large kitchen roll!
    or even these Pits & Bits Expandable Wipes - White, Size 9: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors I am getting quite carried away with all the options!
    Last edited by REC; 10-08-2017 at 15:31.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW T4 Transporter PVC
    Hi there,

My dad bought me one of these after listening to me bemoaning the issue of having no shower in a campervan. To be honest, i prefer a pack of wet wipes or a dip / hair wash in a stream (season and bravado permitting). If space and weight is really at a premium then you may want to consider it - I think its actually more geared towards hikers with just a rucksack on their back!

Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by REC View Post
    Has anyone tried these:

Muc-Off Dry Shower 50 ml: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

such mixed reviews, seems like an option to consider though? Was looking for skin wipes initially. Think one would need some large wipes (conti-wipes) or maybe that extra large kitchen roll!
    or even these Pits & Bits Expandable Wipes - White, Size 9: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors I am getting quite carried away with all the options!
    My van has her own blog - daenerysvan.tumblr.com

Member Number

Then use a campsite with showers

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW T4 Transporter PVC
    Quote Originally Posted by harrow View Post

Then use a campsite with showers

lol - I'm a bit of a loaner in some ways and theres not many campsites i really like. In the past, i have gone onto campsites every few days for a shower but recently I surprised myself by outgrowing that desire and using streams and seas instead. I'd also much rather have a small chunk of countryside to myself for the night! Though come Winter with its colder weather - I may be seeking those campsite showers again...

Melissa
    My van has her own blog - daenerysvan.tumblr.com

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisewoman View Post
    lol - I'm a bit of a loaner in some ways and theres not many campsites i really like. In the past, i have gone onto campsites every few days for a shower but recently I surprised myself by outgrowing that desire and using streams and seas instead. I'd also much rather have a small chunk of countryside to myself for the night! Though come Winter with its colder weather - I may be seeking those campsite showers again...

Melissa
    Well no one says you have to stay day and night on the campsite, just let the site warden/manager know your going to sleep in the woods and your be back in the morning for a nice hot shower.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B564 Lionheart

What did people do before showers? A bowl of hot water and a flannel is a much easier, cheaper option. Which is what I do most days and I have a shower in the van. Using the shower does create a lot of damp

Member Number
    Motorhome
    mitsubishi canter mini artic
    Quote Originally Posted by silverweed View Post
    What did people do before showers? A bowl of hot water and a flannel is a much easier, cheaper option. Which is what I do most days and I have a shower in the van. Using the shower does create a lot of damp
    hi, before going to africa in my camper years ago i spoke with one of my customers . her and her husband both doctors had done lots of tropical etc works abroad . she said take a bottle of the cheapest disinfectant you can find . add a cap full to your wash water . it cleans any cuts etc you get plus helps keep mosquitoes from biting you . they dont like it so stay away.
    so we tried it and yes it does work. but even more it does make sure the flannel wash is cleaning and helping get rid of body odour .
    when away do it like yourself . might have a shower sometimes . might just have a swim in sea or river lake etc . but a flannel wash uses hardly any water . you can buy a bottle in most supermarkets for about 30p a ltr .
    plus wipe around in the camper keeps things clean .

Member Number
    Motorhome
    vauxhall movano
    Leisure centers cheaper than campsite

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Iveco Daily self-build
    No shower in my van, but when on a rally, which is what I seem to do most theses days, I have a shower every day! I have a toilet/shower/changing tent and a Hoselock portable shower, 3 litres cold water, 2 litres boiling water = lovely hot shower. Wet, then soap, then rinse. If the weather is against me, then I revert to a bowl wash. After, I move the tent to dry, put the duck board against the van to dry, the air gets to the damp grass, all is good. I would like to say this is all my own thinking, but I got the idea of Youtube....( Rick vanman )

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autosleeper Trooper LE
    Bowl of hot water, flannel and anti-bacterial hand wash does for me most days. Gets me cleaner than most campsite showers which dump water on to my head from about 7 feet up - although they are useful when washing my hair.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information