CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS


Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 75

Thread: Tyre pressure advice please

  1. #1

    Member Number
    49264
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    363

    Tyre pressure advice please



    CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    I've got a Ducato trigano 2.3 van conversion with Michelin tyres.
    Can someone tell me what the tyre pressure should be please?
    It says something on the wall re 65psi but that seems a lot ?
    Cheers
    Dean

  2. #2
    grath's Avatar
    grath is online now Full Member
    Name: Graham
    Spouse: Kathleen

    Member Number
    1494
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    10,068
    Location
    North Staffordshire or on Tour
    Motorhome
    Hymer B654 SL Star, 3 Ltr, 4500kg
    Quote Originally Posted by gypo View Post
    I've got a Ducato trigano 2.3 van conversion with Michelin tyres.
    Can someone tell me what the tyre pressure should be please?
    It says something on the wall re 65psi but that seems a lot ?
    Cheers
    Dean
    I am very surprised to read that the side wall states 65psi, as most camper tyres have a maximum of 80 psi.
    Campers are notoriously run heavy, particularly the rear axle and that is why pressures are usually high.
    You do need to weigh your van, and each axle, then you can get more exact advice.
    Personally, I have motorhomed for nearly 15 years and I run our tyre pressures high, because our van is always running at full gross weight. Soft tyres get hotter and can fail much easier than hard tyres, but hard tyres can give a bumpy ride!
    Enjoying the Pot of Sunshine
    Graham+Kath = Grath
    Likes carol liked this post

  3. #3
    grath's Avatar
    grath is online now Full Member
    Name: Graham
    Spouse: Kathleen

    Member Number
    1494
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    10,068
    Location
    North Staffordshire or on Tour
    Motorhome
    Hymer B654 SL Star, 3 Ltr, 4500kg
    Quote Originally Posted by grath View Post
    I am very surprised to read that the side wall states 65psi, as most camper tyres have a maximum of 80 psi.
    Campers are notoriously run heavy, particularly the rear axle and that is why pressures are usually high.
    You do need to weigh your van, and each axle, then you can get more exact advice.
    Personally, I have motorhomed for nearly 15 years and I run our tyre pressures high, because our van is always running at full gross weight. Soft tyres get hotter and can fail much easier than hard tyres, but hard tyres can give a bumpy ride!
    Maybe check out the below threads

    https://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums...archid=3333426
    Enjoying the Pot of Sunshine
    Graham+Kath = Grath

  4. #4

    Member Number
    65351
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    15
    Motorhome
    Burstner Nexxo T660
    Get your front and rear axle weights and then send an email to Michelin, let them know what tyres you are using and they will send you back an answer with their recommendations normally within the hour.

  5. #5

    Member Number
    49264
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    363
    Thanks both, I'm away Friday on a jolly for 2 weeks and don't have time to weigh it.
    The link doesn't work above
    Thanks
    D

  6. #6
    grath's Avatar
    grath is online now Full Member
    Name: Graham
    Spouse: Kathleen

    Member Number
    1494
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    10,068
    Location
    North Staffordshire or on Tour
    Motorhome
    Hymer B654 SL Star, 3 Ltr, 4500kg
    Quote Originally Posted by gypo View Post
    Thanks both, I'm away Friday on a jolly for 2 weeks and don't have time to weigh it.
    The link doesn't work above
    Thanks
    D

    The link does work for me, however all you need do is type in tyre pressures in the search box at top right of the wild camping page

    edit
    Don't forget, to weigh at full running weight, as you normally drive around, possibly with full water, gas, fuel, food, pets etc and passengers
    Last edited by grath; 10-09-2017 at 08:02.
    Enjoying the Pot of Sunshine
    Graham+Kath = Grath

  7. #7

    Member Number
    3057
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    259
    Motorhome
    Dethleffs SE Transit
    As others have said get it weighed. Then this list will show you the correct pressures for your vehicle.

    https://www.tyresafe.org/wp-content/...me-leaflet.pdf

  8. #8

    Member Number
    44641
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    844
    Motorhome
    Globecar 636SB
    Motorhome Tyre Inflation Pressure Advice - TyreSafe - Promoting UK Tyre Safety and Driver Awareness

    Get your axle weights. enter all info, then compare to the recomended pressures on the van. N.B this is not the pressure on the tyre side wall.
    Myself I run above the pressures calculated as I like more presise handling, that it gives on my van.

  9. #9

    Member Number
    49264
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    363
    Just had a look and the nice people from trigano have put a sticker on the door jam saying,
    Front 59psi rear 65psi
    Thanks all for the help
    D

  10. #10
    grath's Avatar
    grath is online now Full Member
    Name: Graham
    Spouse: Kathleen

    Member Number
    1494
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    10,068
    Location
    North Staffordshire or on Tour
    Motorhome
    Hymer B654 SL Star, 3 Ltr, 4500kg
    Quote Originally Posted by gypo View Post
    Just had a look and the nice people from trigano have put a sticker on the door jam saying,
    Front 59psi rear 65psi
    Thanks all for the help
    D
    But that is only a rough guide, and you can only get a proper or more exact figure by weighing each axle!
    Enjoying the Pot of Sunshine
    Graham+Kath = Grath

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •