CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12 volt led bulbs

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Elddis115 motorhome

12 volt led bulbs

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Hi all small problem,changing 4 no recessed spot lights, to led on a power saving mission.the led bulbs i need are called eye socket 35 mm across the glass end,with 2 pins at the plug in end, the face end is rather small,there the problem.i can get all sorts of bulbs with bigger faces ie the top where the light shines out.have been through my chap who services it elddis dealer,but he got the wrong ones twice.thanks for any help,or i might have to purchase complete led units there cheaper,the last try was 48 and thats just for bulbs which are wrong size anyway.an update on my plans/dreams that i posted after euro trip.easylift purchased and fitted 80kgs.scooter purchased not running or mot d yet,hope the weight not to much for elddis 115.hgv sat nav,sat,and solar will have to wait ran out of money,to many bills when we returned.anyway off to France Thursday week,for 2.5 weeks.where are we going,we dont know we just drive the house somewhere else.happy days all.micky

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hobby 750
    6 x MR11 12v LED 9 LEDs 11-18v AC DC replace 10w - 20w Halogen Warm / Cool White | eBay

Any good? If they fit the bill I can confirm that these replace the 10w halogen spots perfectly well. Changed six of the bloody things in our Hobby.

Cheers

H
    Likes trevskoda liked this post
    Thanks Micky thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Pilote Galaxy 40
    Last edited by Lee; 13-09-2017 at 16:21.
    You can't be lost if you don't know where you're going!!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Avantgarde 140
    If you're still having trouble, try LED Bulbs 4U - Home - Led Bulbs 4 U
    They're a small, father and son business who attend most motorhome shows. They've been incredibly helpful over the years at identifying awkward bulbs.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    All available from ebay out of china soft or pure white,also do your tail/brake and front parking bulbs to as they use less power from alt and seldom blow
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    If you are buying led bulbs for a motorhome, don't buy 12v ones. The power supply is 11.5v to 14.4v. Generally, the bulbs will be getting 12.5v or more, even late into the evening. This will cause them.to fail very quickly.
    It is pretty easy to get bulbs with a voltage stabiliser built in. They only cost a little extra, but last 100 times as long. They are usually sold as 8v to 30v or similar.
    Alternatively, you can fit an inline voltage regulator to the lighting circuit or to the feed to each bulb, but that's a lot of hassle.
    Likes Alf liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner Delphin Performance T821
    Quote Originally Posted by Minisorella View Post
    If you're still having trouble, try LED Bulbs 4U - Home - Led Bulbs 4 U
    They're a small, father and son business who attend most motorhome shows. They've been incredibly helpful over the years at identifying awkward bulbs.
    Another vote for this firm.

I have actually just ordered some LEDs from them today, 2 for the house and one for the van.
    My dream job is to be a sound engineer. I don't know why, I just want to - want to.
    Likes Minisorella liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Quote Originally Posted by winks View Post
    6 x MR11 12v LED 9 LEDs 11-18v AC DC replace 10w - 20w Halogen Warm / Cool White | eBay

Any good? If they fit the bill I can confirm that these replace the 10w halogen spots perfectly well. Changed six of the bloody things in our Hobby.

Cheers

H
    They have a claimed output of 160 lumens. That is the equivalent of a 8 to 9 watt spotlight, not a 10 to 20 watt one.

But you can bet that if they are using just 1.3 watts, they will be no more than 100 lumens.

I'm not saying they are no good, but the description is misleading.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by hairydog View Post
    If you are buying led bulbs for a motorhome, don't buy 12v ones. The power supply is 11.5v to 14.4v. Generally, the bulbs will be getting 12.5v or more, even late into the evening. This will cause them.to fail very quickly.
    It is pretty easy to get bulbs with a voltage stabiliser built in. They only cost a little extra, but last 100 times as long. They are usually sold as 8v to 30v or similar.
    Alternatively, you can fit an inline voltage regulator to the lighting circuit or to the feed to each bulb, but that's a lot of hassle.
    Most of the ones i got from china are rated 9v to 30v so ok for use lot.
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Elddis115 motorhome

Spots to led bulbs

Quote Originally Posted by Micky View Post
    Hi all small problem,changing 4 no recessed spot lights, to led on a power saving mission.the led bulbs i need are called eye socket 35 mm across the glass end,with 2 pins at the plug in end, the face end is rather small,there the problem.i can get all sorts of bulbs with bigger faces ie the top where the light shines out.have been through my chap who services it elddis dealer,but he got the wrong ones twice.thanks for any help,or i might have to purchase complete led units there cheaper,the last try was 48 and thats just for bulbs which are wrong size anyway.an update on my plans/dreams that i posted after euro trip.easylift purchased and fitted 80kgs.scooter purchased not running or mot d yet,hope the weight not to much for elddis 115.hgv sat nav,sat,and solar will have to wait ran out of money,to many bills when we returned.anyway off to France Thursday week,for 2.5 weeks.where are we going,we dont know we just drive the house somewhere else.happy days all.micky
    Just wanted to say I appreciated the help I received from your kind selves re my replacement led bulbs,but I can't spell it.thanks to all,I received and fitted yesterday they seem brighter to me,that's fine.thanks again micky

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information