Old Git is offline Full Member
    Name: George
    Spouse: Marcia

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Talbot Pilote R610

Help with Carver Cascade Rapid

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Hoping somebody with a bit of knowledge or expertise can help me. My Carver Rapid lights o/kl but only stays alight for 15secs or so and then goes out with the red light coming on I have taken the cover of outside and the plate covering the burner. Have cleaned all the burner and blown all the dust out but still wont stay alight. Works o/k on electric any ideas please anybody.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Last time I looked at one of those with that fault, a bit of rusty metal had fallen down from the vent and was stopping the flame heating the thermocouple. Are you sure you cleaned it out properly? If so, and the thermocouple is definitely getting properly hot, try fitting a new thermocouple.
    Thanks Old Git thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autocruise Valentine
    I had this happen when I filled the water tank up and set about start of season trials. I'd had the little relief valve set the wrong way and as a consequence the whole carver unit was drenched with water. After removing the cover and giving it a good cleaning and drying - and - after maybe a dozen 15 second cut off and red light situations it eventually came good.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Thermocouple

Channa

Member Number
    Motorhome
    sprinter banger
    quite agree- thermocouple
    but these heaters , i think, have those funny wire ends , just like the sparker wire, not looking anything like t/couples as we know them . same on the malaga heaters, and i have no idea how they work
    but- i know that they don't mind a bit of a clean with a bit of wet and dry, and i also know that the burners are notorious for rusting away, which can cause rust flakes or poor contact for sparker and t/couple, so best clean to bright metal and blow out any rust debris .
    luckily you can do this kind of maintenance by removing the outer vent cover, then the ally plate which is held by 2 screws.
    if the burner is rusted out you can get them on ebay- but they're dear !
    Last edited by n brown; 12-10-2017 at 22:29.
    of all the bodily functions that could be contagious
    thank god it's only the yawn

Old Git is offline Full Member
    Name: George
    Spouse: Marcia

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Talbot Pilote R610

Carver Cascade Rapid now working.

I will tell you what I did to get water heater working on gas because I am feeling rather smug tonight. I removed the two screws holding the burner assembly in place slid the burner assembly out. The actual burner was very rusty so I cleaned up all the outside with a wire brush in the Dremmel the centre hole in the burner I found a piece of dowl slightly smaller than the dia of the hole wrapped a piece of emery round the dowl and cleared all the rust from the inside. I then removed the main jet by unscrewing it it was quite difficult because it had thread sealer on it. I then got a piece of wire the same dia as the hole in the jet at the threaded end. I tried to push this through the hole in the jet from the threaded end it wouldnt go through the last little bit of the jet. So I worked it backwards and forwards until it went through easily. I then reassembled everything and pressed the start button it fired up with a much stronger flame and worked perfectly, I should add that before it was igniting and going out after 8 secs.
    Likes Lee, highlandron liked this post

Thread Information