CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: More Honda eu10i generator questions

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Halfords dome tent 15

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    Then all you require is one of the litle 2 strokes giving about 750/850w which will run 4 hrs on 4 ltrs fuel,cost is from about 75 to 90 depending on where you buy,i bought a large amount for 50 each and sold on for 70 if i can remember correct.
    Mine has a 12v output but its better to plug into 230v outlet then into van plug which will power you charger which in turn should top up both starter and service battery,if not use a charge splitter or relay to join up with a switch on dash.
    As far as the house you can get a a/b switch which connects between meter and fuse box ,cost about 40 ,so mains goes on a and geny goes to b post.
    House heating pump uses about 40w so a small geny as iv shown wil do that and led bulbs tv etc but a fridge will burn easy 600w and more on start up so you will be on limit with this geny.
    If using a electric cooker then a 2500/2800 petrol or derv geny will be required to run hot plates etc but not a full blown oven.
    We had one of the cheapie Chinese 2 stroke generators for about 10 years and it always started !
    Never used it much but it was great on the longer winter wild camps .
    When we full timed in the rv the onboard generator was so expensive to run at about 5 per hour we bought a Honda eu2i which would run for about 10 hours on the 5
    Really only used it to charge the batteries and run the blown air heating which was on lpg but the fan was power hungry,also watched the big 32 inch tv when the generator was running.
    NBA
    Likes trevskoda liked this post
    Thanks barge1914 thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bessacarr E412
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    Then all you require is one of the litle 2 strokes giving about 750/850w which will run 4 hrs on 4 ltrs fuel,cost is from about 75 to 90 depending on where you buy,i bought a large amount for 50 each and sold on for 70 if i can remember correct.
    Mine has a 12v output but its better to plug into 230v outlet then into van plug which will power you charger which in turn should top up both starter and service battery,if not use a charge splitter or relay to join up with a switch on dash.
    As far as the house you can get a a/b switch which connects between meter and fuse box ,cost about 40 ,so mains goes on a and geny goes to b post.
    House heating pump uses about 40w so a small geny as iv shown wil do that and led bulbs tv etc but a fridge will burn easy 600w and more on start up so you will be on limit with this geny.
    If using a electric cooker then a 2500/2800 petrol or derv geny will be required to run hot plates etc but not a full blown oven.
    Ok Thanks for the info.

What will this charger do that my existing 20A Sterling Charger won't?

I have a space under a seat that will just accommodate the shape and size of the Honda eu10i,. Sadly this one and most I've looked at are more bulky and don't fit anywhere convenient; we don't really want one wandering round inside the accommodation...its small enough all ready!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by barge1914 View Post
    Ok Thanks for the info.

What will this charger do that my existing 20A Sterling Charger won't?

I have a space under a seat that will just accommodate the shape and size of the Honda eu10i,. Sadly this one and most I've looked at are more bulky and don't fit anywhere convenient; we don't really want one wandering round inside the accommodation...its small enough all ready!
    What charger,just plug the geny into you ehu socket on van and it will power your onboard charger which will top your batterys up,use either a relay or charge splitter so both service and cranking battery get charged up.
    Last edited by trevskoda; 14-11-2017 at 19:54.
    Only dirty people wash
    Thanks barge1914 thanked for this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information