CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eberspacher or Webasto

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Master PVC

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    About ten minutes on the lowest setting, another 5 for the highest setting.

I've also got the X100 diesel stove and Webasto compressor fridge. The heating/cooking is all diesel powered so no need to carry LPG bottles or fit a gas tank - if there's diesel in the vehicle tank you can cook and heat.

So far so good with the cooker, takes a few minutes longer to boil a kettle but I can live with that and just put the kettle on as soon as I stop for a cuppa.

The fridge has been an eye opener on how far those small compressors have come in the last few years. It will freeze water in about an hour even in my hot and humid climate. I put a freezer block in the ice maker and that makes sure that it does not run overnight. 2 x 120aH batteries and a 120W solar panel keep the lot ticking over during the day if the engine is not running.
    I don't know much about diesel heaters, but I have to agree about compressor fridges.
    God bless Colonel Sanders. Marvellous man!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Murvi Morello
    Hi, we had an Eberspacher in our first Murvi, kept for 10 years, and we found it was simply not up to the job. Fortunately They are based just up the road in Ringwood and fitted me a new larger one 5kw.

We also found it noisy and Heavy on the batteries.

For the last 8 years we have had a Murvi with an Webasto heater.

This is far more efficient, quieter and lighter on the batteries. We have stayed several times overnight at -10.o surrounded by 12 foot snowdrifts, see profile pic, and the Webasto has kept us as snug as the proverbial in a rug.

Webasto 10 Eberspacher 6 for me.

Dezi
    Thanks Touringtheworld thanked for this post

JohnClimber is offline Full Member
    Name: John
    Spouse: Mrs Climber & dog: Archie

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Peugeot Boxer LWB conversion
    Quote Originally Posted by Touringtheworld View Post
    Thanks John,

Iíll follow your experience.

Has anyone got one already?
    You should give Owen a call for a chat about the Planer heaters, he's been really helpful.
    his number is 07815 603 660
    Just hope that in 2 weeks time after it's fitting that I'll be still singing his praises.
    Wild Camp A Month 2018.... Challenge yourself
    Take a look in Gatherings section for more info
    Thanks Touringtheworld thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    I just plumbed into the fuel return line which should return fuel to the "sump" in the fuel tank and give you fuel all the time. A simple Tee piece is all that is needed most of the time.

As with all things diesel its imperitive that you do not have even the slightest air leak.
    The fuel return pipe is just that,it will have little in it as it drains into tank so it will be dry until engine is started.
    Mine from new is on a separate drop pipe into tank which only goes down 3/4 way so as not to empty your fuel to the last drop.
    You can of course use a separate tank and run it on either red derv 35 sec or 28 sec heating oil which has less oil and runs clean,mind like home burners it shortens the pump life,i would add a touch of t/stroke oil or red x just to be sure unless makers say otherwise.
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Merc 309D Westfalia James Cook
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    The fuel return pipe is just that,it will have little in it as it drains into tank so it will be dry until engine is started.
    Mine from new is on a separate drop pipe into tank which only goes down 3/4 way so as not to empty your fuel to the last drop.
    You can of course use a separate tank and run it on either red derv 35 sec or 28 sec heating oil which has less oil and runs clean,mind like home burners it shortens the pump life,i would add a touch of t/stroke oil or red x just to be sure unless makers say otherwise.
    Webasto provided the Tee piece and suggested the use of the return in the fitting instructions.
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse (defined as a liberal gift) from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, followed always by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years." - attributed to Alexander Fraser Tytler, (October 15, 1747 - January 5, 1813) a Scottish-born British lawyer and writer.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    IVECO 75 E17 SELF BUILD
    Webasto provided the Tee piece and suggested the use of the return in the fitting instructions.
    That seems a bit of strange advice to me as most of the Mercs already have the correct take off point on top of the tank, Eberspacher certainly advise using the correct take off kits especially since the advent of pressurised fuel systems.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information