CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could I,Should I,Another Generator Question

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mercedes 207D

Could I,Should I,Another Generator Question

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Hi all,I picked up a gen from Lidl a few months ago and just used it in anger for the first time a few weeks ago to run all my power tools for my self build. I'd quite like to mount it somewhere permanently to charge batts or use tools etc. I thought about putting it in the garage under the bed and extending the exhaust down thru the floor, maybe encase it in some sort of soundproofing. The aim is to run it while I'm out walking the dog and not irritate any neighbours too much but not too sure what the downside is,if there is one?
    Have to say for £130 I'm quite impressed with it.
    668,the neighbour of the beast.
    Likes harrow liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Master PVC
    I don't really see any harm in that if well soundproofed and properly exhausted.

May well be worth informing your insurance company though. Just in case it ever went up in flames whilst you weren't there!
    God bless Colonel Sanders. Marvellous man!
    Likes jacquigem liked this post

grath is offline Full Member
    Name: Graham
    Spouse: Kathleen

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B654 SL Star Edition 3 Ltr, 4500kg
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    Hi all,I picked up a gen from Lidl a few months ago and just used it in anger for the first time a few weeks ago to run all my power tools for my self build. I'd quite like to mount it somewhere permanently to charge batts or use tools etc. I thought about putting it in the garage under the bed and extending the exhaust down thru the floor, maybe encase it in some sort of soundproofing. The aim is to run it while I'm out walking the dog and not irritate any neighbours too much but not too sure what the downside is,if there is one?
    Have to say for £130 I'm quite impressed with it.
    A few years ago a van parked alongside us, turned on the onboard many and pi$$ed off for a couple hours.
    It rattled and sounded like an old tin can and everybody was fuming
    When they returned, they got a full mouth full from everybody and they then pi$$ed off!
    I think with it been built in and it was a small van, it amplified the tin can sound!
    We do use a geny, but we use it when neighbours have gone walkabout, not the other way around!
    I appreciate you have asked and don't want to irritate neighbours, personally, I would not fix it inside, unless it was very quiet. I don't even think our Honda would be quiet enough for that.
    Graham+Kath = grath
    Tramping the Dream, Chasing Rainbows & Enjoying the Pot of Sunshine
    Likes Chainsaw Charlie liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Halfords dome tent £15
    Quote Originally Posted by grath View Post
    A few years ago a van parked alongside us, turned on the onboard many and pi$$ed off for a couple hours.
    It rattled and sounded like an old tin can and everybody was fuming
    When they returned, they got a full mouth full from everybody and they then pi$$ed off!
    I think with it been built in and it was a small van, it amplified the tin can sound!
    We do use a geny, but we use it when neighbours have gone walkabout, not the other way around!
    I appreciate you have asked and don't want to irritate neighbours, personally, I would not fix it inside, unless it was very quiet. I don't even think our Honda would be quiet enough for that.
    The Honda eu20i was fine with a very low load but as soon as a decent load was put on it was far from quiet in fact it could only be described as sounding like a metal box full of crazed monkeys with spanners .
    Likes grath, Alf liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mercedes 814
    Wolf seems to have a good rep...unlike it's four legged fluffy tail cousin...seriously,been looking at the Wolf generator,decent price for decent spec by the looks of it...
    Anybody got one?...not the fluffy tailed variety

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E
    While exhausting to outside is of course essential. You would also require an air intake, this may affect internal/external noise reduction?
    No rest for the wicked!!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika EcoVip 712
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    The aim is to run it while I'm out walking the dog and not irritate any neighbours too much but not too sure what the downside is
    You won't be very popular if you leave it running while you are not there. People will just think that you are not that bothered about the noise. Don't care how much sound proofing you put round it it still has to breath and it has an exhaust. If you are on your own in the middle of a field fine with other MH's Don't think so

Likes jacquigem liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    07 Swift Voyager 695EL
    Quote Originally Posted by karakachan View Post
    Wolf seems to have a good rep...unlike it's four legged fluffy tail cousin...seriously,been looking at the Wolf generator,decent price for decent spec by the looks of it...
    Brother in law has one of these and even though he is family it is so loud I wanna shove it where the sun is defo not shining if you get one of these make sure you have no one around you within a mile radius at least or you may find someone will tap your door and politely ask you at the top of their voice so they can be heard over the thing WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO SHUT IT DOWN IT HAS WOKEN THE DEAD FROM THE CEMETERY A MILE UP THE ROAD
    Take Nothing But Pictures Leave Nothing But Tyre Tracks
    Likes Alf, QFour, karakachan liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autosleeper suffolk/ Mercedes sprinter b
    It might overheat as it will be air cooled and being enclosed in a small area it won’t have enough air flow
    Likes trevskoda, time4t liked this post
    Thanks trevskoda thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by karakachan View Post
    Wolf genys and most others are made in china,so buy the cheapest.
    Only dirty people wash

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information