CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Thread: Batteries flat

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510

Batteries flat

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    On EHU last night put electric heater on forgetting electric hot water was on . Took dog out , came back power off , realised I'd probably overloaded . Battery alarm on , reset power . Batteries flat still flat this morning .
    Not understanding how this would flatten my batteries ?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Halfords dome tent 15
    Quote Originally Posted by alcam View Post
    On EHU last night put electric heater on forgetting electric hot water was on . Took dog out , came back power off , realised I'd probably overloaded . Battery alarm on , reset power . Batteries flat still flat this morning .
    Not understanding how this would flatten my batteries ?
    Were they charged before all this happened ?
    What else did you have turned on , are you definitely getting a charge or has a trip gone in the consumer unit on the van ?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E
    Is the cranking battery flat, too. If not, prior to staring vehicle, check LB level, then start engine, then go back and see if LB level condition increase with vehicle ticking over?
    No rest for the wicked!!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Charlie View Post
    Were they charged before all this happened ?
    What else did you have turned on , are you definitely getting a charge or has a trip gone in the consumer unit on the van ?
    Yes they were charged , nothing else on apart from a light . Nothing tripped . Drove 80 miles battery indicator lights all flickering when I stopped . Been parked in sun for a few hours and batteries shown as almost fully charged . Don't know if they will hold charge or not , may have damaged batteries ? Not sure why this would happen ?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Quote Originally Posted by runnach View Post
    Is the cranking battery flat, too. If not, prior to staring vehicle, check LB level, then start engine, then go back and see if LB level condition increase with vehicle ticking over?
    Just saw your post . See my answer to Charlie . Van battery was fine . Just wait and see if batteries hold their charge . Hopefully don't have to buy batteries in Spain , haven't done proper check but was quoted 120-240 for 95ah battery

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Batteries appear to have gone completely flat now . Anybody know auto electrician in Cadiz/Sanlucar area

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Dakota
    I would also consider going to a motorhome dealer that offers servicing and repairs.

A Google search for cadiz reparaciones de autocaravanas produced some options ...
    Remember - POI additions and updates can be sent by email to POI@wildcamping.co.uk
    Thanks alcam thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    some things may have gone wrong,first battery charger has failed running current back or van alt has faulty rectifier doing the same,there may be something left on or solar panel leaking current back.
    The best buy you will ever make is a multimeter,its a life saver.
    Last edited by trevskoda; 15-11-2017 at 20:32.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes 1 Cup liked this post
    Thanks alcam thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Quote Originally Posted by POI Admin View Post
    I would also consider going to a motorhome dealer that offers servicing and repairs.

A Google search for cadiz reparaciones de autocaravanas produced some options ...
    Checked a couple of things with meter , batteries seemed ok . Not sure so went to PUERTO CARAVANS in El Puerto de Santa Maria .
    Attended to immediately , all checks made , fault cleared . Nothing certain but during testing (disconnecting etc) relay may have released . I know , most here (maybe even myself) could have done the same but for quickness and peace of mind was very happy with the service . Altogether over an hour €40 , recommended
    All appears good , hopefully remains so .
    Thanks to all for the advice given
    Last edited by alcam; 16-11-2017 at 16:29.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Dakota
    Good ... a reasonable charge and good service.

I have needed help twice in France with fridge issues, and on both occasions, like you, they worked on the 'van immediately and with genuine desire to assist.

Go to a British dealer and often the response is the sucking of breath through the teeth and a vague offer of help in a couple of weeks ...
    Remember - POI additions and updates can be sent by email to POI@wildcamping.co.uk
    Likes alcam liked this post

Thread Information