CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tyre pressures

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Pilote Reference P716

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Have a look at the information on this site to help you understand and find your correct pressures - scroll down for the Motorhome info.
    and Download the guide.

You must know axle weights and understand what the numbers mean on your tyre walls before deciding the pressures required.

Tyre Safety Information | TyreSafe - Promoting UK Tyre Safety and Driver Awareness

For Youtube videos of Aires and other stuff - www.youtube.com/user/keithchesterfield

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Wiensberg 601 MQH
    Quote Originally Posted by hairydog View Post
    Strictly speaking, it's
    ((axle-weight/wheels on axle) / max-load ) * max-pressure

Yes, the max-load index is an agreed standard across all tyres

Looks easy enough to code up into an app - hey @Admin - has anyone suggested putting this little calculation into the WildCamping App??

Member Number
    Motorhome
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockburner View Post
    Looks easy enough to code up into an app - hey @Admin - has anyone suggested putting this little calculation into the WildCamping App??

Motorhome Tyre Inflation Pressure Advice | TyreSafe - Promoting UK Tyre Safety and Driver Awareness
    Likes time4t, Rockburner, 2cv liked this post
    Thanks Rockburner, maingate, 2cv thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    97 sprinter ex police riot van.
    Thanks for this, it works a treat!!

Phill
    Learning to dance, where one step forward & two steps back is progress!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Wiensberg 601 MQH
    Apparantly I need to have 80psi in my rears (and 61 at the front). Seems a bit high - especially as they're only rated for 69 max!

I had the van weighed, 3340kg, so I split the weight in half for that form - which appears to be a (semi) valid method - after all, it's the 'axle' load they're asking for, rather than the weight on each wheel.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Dakota
    The maximum pressure only applies to the USA ...
    Remember - POI additions and updates can be sent by email to POI@wildcamping.co.uk

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Apparantly I need to have 80psi in my rears (and 61 at the front). Seems a bit high - especially as they're only rated for 69 max!

I had the van weighed, 3340kg, so I split the weight in half for that form - which appears to be a (semi) valid method - after all, it's the 'axle' load they're asking for, rather than the weight on each wheel.
    What are the other details you put in?

Some systems tell you to use 80PSI regardless of load, if you are using Camping tyres. Presumably because they think you are going to grossly overload the vehicle.

Far better to get accurate weights for each axle and use thise figures. And don't say you have camping tyres, even if you have.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner

Even if you try different configurations of weights and tyre sizes it still gives 80 psi for a single rear axle. Strangely it is very accurate when I input my Tag axle configuration.
    Some people are alive only because it is illegal to shoot them.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autocruise Forte
    Hi

As per other posts, I weighbridged the van fully loaded, emailed the weights, exact make model of van + exact details of tyres, to the tyre manufacturer, Continental, and they emailed me back a chart matrix indicating the safe range of pressures for each axle for optimum safety, tyre wear and comfort.
    Pressures were considerably less than Peugeot's generic standard door pillar/Autocruise's handbook readings. Improved comfort on our potholed roads and the tyres have now done 26000 miles with 4-5 mm left and are wearing very evenly with no excess wearing in the centre or outer edges such as you get with overinflation.

Billy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information