CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Habitation check

Member Number
    Motorhome
    motorhome

Habitation check

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Hi all, My 2007 Suntor 120 based on a Peugeot 2.3 TDI engine will need a Habitation check in July. As its my first motorhome I checked at the dealer. 380. Ouch! I had heard that a mobile engineer is a better option and much cheaper. Just wondered if that's true? I can service the vans mechanicals being an ex diesel fitters apprentice.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffeecat View Post
    Hi all, My 2007 Suntor 120 based on a Peugeot 2.3 TDI engine will need a Habitation check in July. As its my first motorhome I checked at the dealer. 380. Ouch! I had heard that a mobile engineer is a better option and much cheaper. Just wondered if that's true? I can service the vans mechanicals being an ex diesel fitters apprentice.
    The hab check they do from what im told and worth a fiddlers fart,best to get someone with a damp meter who knows there stuff to look at her,also look at all electrics as from what i have seen most are bad because some twit has been at them,good luck with new van and health to wear.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes big tom, Hycon, Alf liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    motorhome

habiitation

we had a mobile service emgineer do ours the only reason i did it was if i sold it some one could see it is working condition i only paid89 pounds but he seemed to be quite thorough for the money
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

The laird is online now Full Member
    Name: Gordon
    Spouse: Fonky fi

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer b544 and luv it
    Put up what area you are in and members may be able to recommend a mobile or dealer repairer for you .
    Likes delicagirl, Alf, helen262, peter palance liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Dakota
    Have a look at the members of the Approved Workshop Scheme.

Many of these are mobile.

Our Schemes - Approved Workshop Scheme
    Remember - POI additions and updates can be sent by email to POI@wildcamping.co.uk

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Tracker RS

Habitation Check

Hiya,

We bought an 18 month old AutoTrial (sic) a few (3 1/2) years ago and have used an Approved Workshop (Turriff Caravan Centre - who are really excellent) for our habitatikn services.

The only issue has been trying to get the supplying dealer and AutoTrial (sic) to do the work under warranty.

Good luck.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Devon Conversions Tempest.
    Use a local to me mobile chap, 100.00 for the hab check on my pvc.
    Nothing to do with warranty more for my peace of mind regarding is the gas system safe etc and can be beneficial when selling in the future if you have service history on the mechanics and the hab side.
    The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - its all that matters.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Herald Templar
    I always wonder why a habitation check is necessary other than to fulfill a warranty obligation.
    Likes trevskoda, Hycon, ironman, big tom, Alf, Tezza, toystory liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Dakota
    Some insurance policies require that the gas system be tested for safety.

Provided the habitation check is priced reasonably this aspect will be covered and you have peace of mind regarding the general well-being of the 'van.

As mentioned above having a complete service history for all parts of the vehicle may prove useful on resale.
    Remember - POI additions and updates can be sent by email to POI@wildcamping.co.uk

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Herald Templar
    I'm not sure that resale value is a selling point for habitation checks on a van that is as old as mine, at 380 I could replace the van.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information