CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fiat recall help

Member Number

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    I got my van back this morning, did go to pick it up yesterday but still not happy with the scuttle, new scuttle had been fitted but doesn't hold on properly at the ends (a bad design). Rob the mechanic said he would put some sealant under both ends but preferred to leave it inside the garage overnight for it to set. I have found Imperial ok to deal with, very helpful, Tony said that he had most of January already booked up for doing this EGR recall, Rob the mechanic seems to think that the bigger job of replacing the gearbox bracket is more likely on the 150 bhp. Apparently the new EGR pipe has an extra mounting point on it, my pipe was ok but if it fractures it has the potential to damage the alternator & short circuit the electrics.
    Noticed when I was there yesterday there was another couple with the recall letter booking their van in.
    Ed

VandA is offline Full Member
    Name: Alan
    Spouse: Valentine

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Rio 320
    What a lot of hassle, had to call my dealer who I bought van from saying not happy as Imperial Commercials Wrexham said I couldn't use the van until EGR recall fixed as it might catch fire, also called Fiat Camper several times to complain, as I needed the van by 17th Jan. My dealer also called them apparently 3500 vans in UK need the recall, and they had no parts in UK. Complained some more, my dealer also complained to Fiat Camper saying I had holiday booked and was going to ask for compensation from Fiat and surprise suprise got my van back yesterday. It needed EGR pipe and Gearbox bracket all sorted now. Hate having to complain but I think in the end its the only way to get them moving. Fiat Camper said they sorted me as a priority, but when I went to pick it up from Tony at Imperial he said Fiat Camper had not sent the parts but they by chance had an incomplete kit for another van, that happened to include the parts needed for mine, so they used them. Thank you Imperial they seem to be a good lot and would recommend them. Hope others with this problem get sorted. Happy wilding from Alan

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Quote Originally Posted by Looser cruiser View Post
    I got mine this morning not using van right now so gonna hang back until dealers sort out there stuff let them practice a bit on other vans. Take it vans gonna have to go on a ramp so will have to find one with a big ramp. Dose any one know if Reid and Kerr over by bailiston still have fiat franchise. Or who is best fiat dealer in Scotland.
    A M Philip Broxburn

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Wiensberg 601 MQH
    Ah well - fingers crossed Eurovans in Crawley are on the ball - looks like I need a new egr pipe!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information