VandA is offline Full Member
    Name: Alan
    Spouse: Valentine

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Rio 320

Fiat recall help

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    We bought our Rio 320 in September, a few problems on the swift side now mostly sorted, but I am a worried about the fact that it already needs two upgrades to the Fiat side. Having read elsewhere, that others taking there van in for similar work have not been given it back for safety reasons so I've postponed the upgrades till 2018, anyone on here had this happen to them and if so what was the outcome?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner
    Get it in now for the upgrades. One of them is for the EGR system which can cause a fire and burn out your pride and joy.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson 510 welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by maingate View Post
    Get it in now for the upgrades. One of them is for the EGR system which can cause a fire and burn out your pride and joy.
    I have a Fiat Ducato 2.3 ltre 150bhp 2016 Euro 5+ does this upgrade possibly involve my van.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Dethleffs globetrotter lxi
    I got mine this morning not using van right now so gonna hang back until dealers sort out there stuff let them practice a bit on other vans. Take it vans gonna have to go on a ramp so will have to find one with a big ramp. Dose any one know if Reid and Kerr over by bailiston still have fiat franchise. Or who is best fiat dealer in Scotland.
    OOR WUSSY

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar 636SB
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
    I have a Fiat Ducato 2.3 ltre 150bhp 2016 Euro 5+ does this upgrade possibly involve my van.
    Have a look here. DVSA - Vehicle Recalls
    Likes groyne liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Dethleffs globetrotter lxi
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
    You’ll know when you get a letter people been getting them all last week if not check on gov web site with you’re reg number.
    OOR WUSSY

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hobby siesta a65gm
    They are going to be busy do the boxer and relay still have a different engine

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift escape 664
    Best Dealer ?
    Your nearest Fiat dealer is Imperial Commercial over in Govan, but I have never used them. There's a good one in Paisley, McKinnon & Forbes, but they are an Iveco dealer, Ivecos use the same engine so they may be able to do the work, give them a call.
    Thanks Looser cruiser thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    If the v5 is in your name and current address, Fiat will contact you, they liase with DVLA in cases like this all manufacturers do

Iveco may do a recall if their product affected , however normally recall work needs to be carried out by the respective franchised dealer i.e Fiat a Fiat dealership.

Channa

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Halfords dome tent £15
    Quote Originally Posted by OldJim View Post
    Best Dealer ?
    Your nearest Fiat dealer is Imperial Commercial over in Govan, but I have never used them. There's a good one in Paisley, McKinnon & Forbes, but they are an Iveco dealer, Ivecos use the same engine so they may be able to do the work, give them a call.
    I saw a few large motorhomes on Fiats having work done at our local Iveco dealer,
    best bit is being commercial the Worksop is open 24 hours

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information