CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Thread: Gas hoses

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Iveco Daily

Gas hoses

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Good evening everyone
    It's been a while since I asked a dumb ass question so I thought I'd ask another one
    Tomorrow I take delivery of a Gas IT LPG gas bottle and filler etc the whole kit.
    When I say the whole kit it doesn't actually come with anything that would connect to a cooker or a fridge.
    I'm absolutely useless at copper work and don't fully trust rubber hoses as I almost burnt my van to the ground. Are braided hoses for these type of connections a thing or something similar that can just screw on to the bottle regulator one end and screw on to the appliance the other end?

(Puts on tin hat and awaits the flak)
    Likes peter palance liked this post
    Thanks peter palance thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Pilote Galaxy 40
    May I suggest you get a professional to install the system properly and then you won't have the trouble you have had in the past.
    You can't be lost if you don't know where you're going.
    Thanks Alf thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    IVECO 75 E17 SELF BUILD
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossangel View Post
    Good evening everyone
    It's been a while since I asked a dumb ass question so I thought I'd ask another one
    Tomorrow I take delivery of a Gas IT LPG gas bottle and filler etc the whole kit.
    When I say the whole kit it doesn't actually come with anything that would connect to a cooker or a fridge.
    I'm absolutely useless at copper work and don't fully trust rubber hoses as I almost burnt my van to the ground. Are braided hoses for these type of connections a thing or something similar that can just screw on to the bottle regulator one end and screw on to the appliance the other end?

(Puts on tin hat and awaits the flak)
    Without getting to far involved I wouldn't expect the Gasit kit to come with much else except possibly a braided hose to fit from the bottle to the bulkhead mounted Euro regulator, everything from the regulator and via the manifold a should be in copper and a permanent fixture.

Sound advice from Lee

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autosleeper suffolk/ Mercedes sprinter b
    Do you have a normal gas bottle in at the moment ? If so then all you are doing is changing a normal gas bottle to a refillable one, so apart from a extra hose to refill everything else stays the same,
    Thanks peter palance thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Iveco Daily
    Quote Originally Posted by helen262 View Post
    Do you have a normal gas bottle in at the moment ? If so then all you are doing is changing a normal gas bottle to a refillable one, so apart from a extra hose to refill everything else stays the same,
    No I donít. The people I bought the van from had a loose calor bottle in there.
    Iíve ripped the cooker out to change the bed round so need to install it properly.
    Sound advice on the install . Iíll see what I can find
    Likes peter palance liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    nuevo
    Bossangel, without wishing to be insulting if you need to ask a question like this you really shouldnt be tackling a gas instal!

bite the bullet have it done by a professional and at least you will sleep at night without worrying about whether or not you will explode in the night

Member Number

Gas refill

Sorry to jump in.

I have or should I will have the American white LPG gas bottles, could some one advice on what components I would need to refill from a fuel station in UK , with perhaps an option to introduce adapters for Europe.
    Is there also a web site that has LPG stations in UK that you could recommend , would relay like to have POI, but first I must get a good sat Nav and be able to understand. ( what I really mean is the decision maker)

Newby to forum.
    Frank

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Quote Originally Posted by frankrose View Post
    Sorry to jump in.

I have or should I will have the American white LPG gas bottles, could some one advice on what components I would need to refill from a fuel station in UK , with perhaps an option to introduce adapters for Europe.
    Is there also a web site that has LPG stations in UK that you could recommend , would relay like to have POI, but first I must get a good sat Nav and be able to understand. ( what I really mean is the decision maker)

Newby to forum.
    Frank
    Hi Frank welcome and all that, may I make a suggestion to get best answers and that is to start your own post, Often when questions are asked half way in a thread they get missed by people the very same people that can give you an answer

Channa

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Quote Originally Posted by frankrose View Post
    Sorry to jump in.

Newby to forum.
    Frank
    White means nothing to UK folk. Here, propane is red, butane is blue. LPG is propane, butane or a mixture of the two.

The fittings do vary from country to country. Your best bet is to use UK fittings on a UK bottle. They are cheap to buy.

LPG stations in the UK are where you drive up and refill your LPG tank with propane. I don't think they are common in the US, but here maybe about 10% of petrol stations have an LPG pump.

LPG depots are where you swap empty bottles for full ones.

Filllpg.co.uk is the site to find LPG stations. I don't know where there is a source of LPG depots, sorry.

Robina is online now Full Member
    Name: Robina
    Spouse: Neil

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bailey Approach 620
    Quote Originally Posted by malagaoth View Post

bite the bullet have it done by a professional and at least you will sleep at night without worrying about whether or not you will explode in the night
    ...and so will anyone parked near you:-) Hope it goes well.

Thread Information