CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Thread: Dashboard Speedo vs Hdu, suggestions please?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autoquest 155

Dashboard Speedo vs Hdu, suggestions please?

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Visability on the Speedo on our boxer Autoquest is poor to say the least, particulary km. Is there a decent dashboard one that anyone can recommend, or a decent hud that can be visible in sunlight. Off to France and Spain in a few weeks and would prefer not to be straining to check that I am within the speed limits.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Ford
    Same problem with my Ducato 120 multijet. The Mph is hard to see sometimes as the steering wheel obscures the display, Kph is next to impossible to read.
    I purchased an X5 HUD off ebay plugs into the obd2 port permanently. Wow brilliant. The display is bright, adjusts at night time with no glare and can be changed from mph to kph. Cost about 20ish
    Thanks Dogeared thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Lunar Premier H622

Or a satnav

Quote Originally Posted by philgb View Post
    Same problem with my Ducato 120 multijet. The Mph is hard to see sometimes as the steering wheel obscures the display, Kph is next to impossible to read.
    I purchased an X5 HUD off ebay plugs into the obd2 port permanently. Wow brilliant. The display is bright, adjusts at night time with no glare and can be changed from mph to kph. Cost about 20ish
    That is very good..
    The other option is a cheapish satnav !

Or speed app on phone !

Member Number
    Motorhome
    97 sprinter ex police riot van.
    I have the Nextbase 512gw, it has the facility to display your speed & is very accurate.

I find that I use it more than the dash one & I fixed it in the middle of the shelf, above the air vents so it's not directly in my view, but is easy to see when I want to.

I don't like HUD displays as I find them intrusive,

Phill
    Learning to dance, where one step forward & two steps back is progress!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Sprinter
    Quote Originally Posted by time4t View Post
    I have the Nextbase 512gw, it has the facility to display your speed & is very accurate.

I find that I use it more than the dash one & I fixed it in the middle of the shelf, above the air vents so it's not directly in my view, but is easy to see when I want to.

I don't like HUD displays as I find them intrusive,

Phill
    My 512gw consistently shows a few MPH difference to my sat nav, it does very according to speed and can be anything from 1 to 4 MPH, the higher difference being at higher speeds. The 512 showing the lower speed. I don't know which is the most accurate. Also GPS don't need much of a gradient to be a few MPH out.
    Likes wildebus liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Dethleffs globetrotter lxi
    I like the look of this gps one nice clear readout and 60 from deamon tweeksE4093DE6-1A3A-4496-A032-37BC8A3DD7B2.jpg
    OOR WUSSY
    Likes molly 2, Dogeared liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar 636SB
    I use the readout on my TT5100 satnav, but as I've been used to driving abroad for many years without dual speed dials I automatically know the kph speed in mph. Some satnavs take account of gradient, not sure if the TT does as to get 1mph difference on a 1/10 slope would need to be going about 200mph, and I've not managed to get the van that fast so far.
    Likes Weston liked this post

Thread Information