CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Urgent help needed! Tribute 670 battery size

Member Number

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by REC View Post
    Collected our newly registered van from Southampton today. Drove it to Canterbury park and ride where we planned to stop the night and get used to the new vehicle. Imagine our horror when, having tried to turn lights on , we discovered that the supplier had omitted to fit the leisure battery! We had a rather heated discussion with the salesman ( rang him at home 8.40 pm) and after several silly suggestions ( fit jump leads to another car overnight and run the electrics that way? Or go and buy a car battery and then he would get a leisure one to us tomorrow ....nowhere open!) We told him we were going to book into a hotel and it was decided we will buy a new battery tomorrow and bill them for the expenses. Our problem is that I don't​ know and can't find out what size battery should be fitted? Feel inclined to get the best I can as this has been an extremely disappointing experience. Has anyone an idea of what size and type of battery should have been fitted?
    Our first purchase of a campervan ( previous diy conversion) has been a huge let down! We had shared we thought was a very thorough handover, even when he showed us where the battery was stored and I remarked " lots of room in there, can I put something else in too" , he did not notice that the battery was missing. We thought it was under the metal plate he showed us. Feel really silly now but it did not occur to us that the van was on hookup so we needed to check the 12 v system.I could ring them again in the morning but wanted to ensure that I get some knowledgeable advice first!
    Ask all your questions here (no rabble rousers :-) ),dedicated Tribute site also a Facebook site which you may get a quicker response if you use it .
    tribby.co.uk - Index page
    Groupe public Trigano Tribute Motorhome Owners Group | Facebook
    http://rebbyvid.co.uk/
    Thanks REC thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Auto sleeper nuevo
    How could they have done the PDI and hand over checks without a leisure battery ? Hope that is the only problem.you have .if their was a thread named the /biggest dealer Clangers/ yours would be the top of the list.If you need a battery urgently buy the cheapest battery you can get then wait for you new battery arrive .or ask the dealer for battery details buy the same and fit twin batterys if Theirs room .
    Last edited by molly 2; 13-02-2018 at 12:15.
    Likes REC liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner
    I am now wondering why the OP has not been on the phone to the Dealer and a plan arranged to solve the problem? Surely he has not been just left in the lurch?
    Some people are alive only because it is illegal to shoot them.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    citroen relay conversionish stealth camp
    Quote Originally Posted by maingate View Post
    I am now wondering why the OP has not been on the phone to the Dealer and a plan arranged to solve the problem? Surely he has not been just left in the lurch?
    As stated in first post, I spoke to the salesman that evening and he agreed eventually to reimburse us for hotel and a new battery. In the end went to Choose Leisure and got the biggest battery which would fit, as I couldn't ascertain what size should have been there! Had the managing director, then the salesman phone the next day apologising. It really was hard to understand how the lack of battery was missed as
    1 They signed the handover that it had been checked
    2 we were shown the pump switch which is right next to where the battery should be
    3 I commented on the space in the locker and asked if it was ok to store stuff there

We genuinely thought that it was UNDER the metal plate .....this is what it sits on!

All sorted now and enjoying the new van.....joined the tribute forum.
    Last edited by REC; 16-02-2018 at 21:41.
    Likes Looser cruiser, maingate liked this post
    Thanks wakk44 thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E
    There should never be a metal plate above battery, high risk of shorting out.

Please to hear you have it all sorted, now.
    No rest for the wicked!!

Member Number
    I'm sure I've read before that Leisure batterys aren't supplied with all new motorhomes
    Likes Chainsaw Charlie liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Dethleffs globetrotter lxi
    As stated in first post, I spoke to the salesman that evening and he agreed eventually to reimburse us for hotel and a new battery. In the end went to Choose Leisure and got the biggest battery which would fit, as I couldn't ascertain what size should have been there! Had the managing director, then the salesman phone the next day apologising. It really was hard to understand how the lack of battery was missed as
    2 we were shown the pump switch which is right next to where the battery should be
    3 I commented on the space in the locker and asked if it was ok to store stuff there

We genuinely thought that it was UNDER the metal plate .....this is what it sits on!

Donít let it spoil the fun of getting youíre new van looks like theyíve sorted it for you. Stupid mistake to make but itís cost them so enjoy youíre van and post a photo like to see people getting new stuff 👍
    OOR WUSSY
    Likes shortcircuit, Chainsaw Charlie liked this post

wakk44 is offline Full member
    Name: Steve
    Spouse: memsahib

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B644

Thanks for the update,it's always good to hear about a satisfactory conclusion.Even though the dealer made a daft mistake it sounds like they have done their utmost to put things right and are apologetic,might be an idea to name them.I personally like a dealer that holds their hands up and then put things right.
    Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.
    Likes sparrks liked this post

Member Number
    Make sure the charger is set to charge the type of battery you fitted

Member Number
    Motorhome
    citroen relay conversionish stealth camp
    Quote Originally Posted by witzend View Post
    Make sure the charger is set to charge the type of battery you fitted
    No idea how to do that😱😱 We are still working our way through the myriad of books etc that came with it?!

@Waak44 It was Wilmoths ( Freeborn) of Southampton. They have really been so apologetic, I felt sorry for them too! Apparently "systems are being overhauled and will change"!
    Really enjoying the van, some little niggles but it was a demo van and, I think has had little bits taken while at motorhome show. The salesman told me he caught a group with a screwdriver in the past! Just fridge box, vent covers and a trim. All being sent by post.
    Will post photo soon!
    Thanks wakk44 thanked for this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information