CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Urgent help needed! Tribute 670 battery size

Member Number
    Motorhome
    citroen relay conversionish stealth camp

Urgent help needed! Tribute 670 battery size

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Collected our newly registered van from Southampton today. Drove it to Canterbury park and ride where we planned to stop the night and get used to the new vehicle. Imagine our horror when, having tried to turn lights on , we discovered that the supplier had omitted to fit the leisure battery! We had a rather heated discussion with the salesman ( rang him at home 8.40 pm) and after several silly suggestions ( fit jump leads to another car overnight and run the electrics that way? Or go and buy a car battery and then he would get a leisure one to us tomorrow ....nowhere open!) We told him we were going to book into a hotel and it was decided we will buy a new battery tomorrow and bill them for the expenses. Our problem is that I don't​ know and can't find out what size battery should be fitted? Feel inclined to get the best I can as this has been an extremely disappointing experience. Has anyone an idea of what size and type of battery should have been fitted?
    Our first purchase of a campervan ( previous diy conversion) has been a huge let down! We had shared we thought was a very thorough handover, even when he showed us where the battery was stored and I remarked " lots of room in there, can I put something else in too" , he did not notice that the battery was missing. We thought it was under the metal plate he showed us. Feel really silly now but it did not occur to us that the van was on hookup so we needed to check the 12 v system.I could ring them again in the morning but wanted to ensure that I get some knowledgeable advice first!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E
    Get as big an Amp hour battery that will fit inside locker, have a look here, where dimension are given,

Also as a WC member, you receive 15% discount.
    No rest for the wicked!!

winks is offline Full Member
    Name: Harold
    Spouse: Roseann

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hobby 750 (The Behemoth)
    Alpha Batteries 15% off everything

This may be of some help. Salesman with no common sense by the sound of it ...

Keep the 15% for yourself of course.

Cheers

H
    Last edited by winks; 12-02-2018 at 22:55.

wakk44 is offline Full member
    Name: Steve
    Spouse: memsahib

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B644
    I find it staggering that the salesman failed to notice that the leisure battery was missing during the handover.

If I was in your position I would drive to the nearest motorhome servicing centre tomorrow and ask them to fit the biggest leisure battery that will fit in the battery locker.The dealer will then have to reimburse you for it plus any accommodation expenses for tonight.

A quick google shows a motorhome dealers in Canterbury................Choose Leisure Limited - Used motorcaravans for sale Kent
    Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.
    Likes winks liked this post
    Thanks REC thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Lunar Premier H622

I expect the dealer will fully reimburse you

A) Accommodation
    B) Fuel Bus Taxi
    C) Sensible Extra food costs (you cannot cook)
    D) Battery and fitting
    E) have you missed a ferry ?
    F) Inconvenience

Keep a careful and detailed note and CLAIM
    Should they waver or be too slow or not "reimburse sensibly" inform them you will go to the small claims court and claim those expenses as well.
    It is so obviously there fault as they admit they have no option
    Hope it gets sorted quickly and everything else is OK
    Slightly wary of the advice to get the biggest battery as they could quite reasonably state that say a 120AH battery (max) is standard (or even 85AH)

Keep checking with them and ask for email verification(s) or text

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Quote Originally Posted by wakk44 View Post
    I find it staggering that the salesman failed to notice that the leisure battery was missing during the handover.

If I was in your position I would drive to the nearest motorhome servicing centre tomorrow and ask them to fit the biggest leisure battery that will fit in the battery locker.The dealer will then have to reimburse you for it plus any accommodation expenses for tonight.

A quick google shows a motorhome dealers in Canterbury................Choose Leisure Limited - Used motorcaravans for sale Kent
    I too find it staggering, and extremely disappointing,... spending the night in hotel ( which they are paying for) and will go to choose leisure. Love to go to Alpha batteries but unfortunately we need the van up and running today as it is our home at the moment. I suppose they can scarcely argue if I get one that fits but is bigger than what should have been fitted, I was torn between being correct and getting payback!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Lunar Premier H622

If for any reason you have to wait another day for a battery

Go to a campsite with EHU !
    Likes REC, harrow, Silver sprinter, shortcircuit liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Quote Originally Posted by jagmanx View Post
    Go to a campsite with EHU !
    We are/ were planning to swap all the stuff from old diy conversion to new van today pick up stuff from storage and then drive to Suffolk where we are working on making our new home habitable. Could do EHU on a campsite but was not part of the plan! However, we will if necessary.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Do not plug van in to mains as without a battery damage may well be done,in fact just running it could have already cooked the charge unit.
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    Motorhome
    5 vehicles in four countries. Hobby in Germany, Airstream Cutter in USA, MCI MH & OKA 4WD in Oz,
    Not such an unimaginable error, and the company has done all that is reasonable under the circumstances so maybe the rabble rousers could call off the hounds
    Tony
    International Grey Nomad - currently in Oz. Next Texas to Alaska and return
    Likes rebbyvid, Asterix, shortcircuit liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information