CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thetford Toilet Problem

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Miami 740S

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed on Toast View Post
    The cassette full light/switch is my next little job to do. Blind and Garage locking bar, retainer have been sorted this week.

I will do the rounds with the meter first but have been told it can sometimes be caused by internal obstruction of the float magnet, so that might be a little more hard and umplesant to access.
    Im sure at some point, I came across something on Youtube about magnets becoming displaced and what to do about it. I can imagine the ‘attraction’ of doing that job. Surely you only need to look through the open flap to see how full it is getting.
    Keep the videos coming Toasty....... all good stuff!
    Likes Ed on Toast liked this post
    Thanks Ed on Toast thanked for this post

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed on Toast View Post
    The cassette full light/switch is my next little job to do. Blind and Garage locking bar, retainer have been sorted this week.

I will do the rounds with the meter first but have been told it can sometimes be caused by internal obstruction of the float magnet, so that might be a little more hard and umplesant to access.
    My light hasn't worked for over 10yrs, I haven't bothered repairing it because I found it came on too early and I still had to look inside so couldn't see the point
    Likes jacquigem liked this post
    Thanks RoaminRog thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Miami 740S
    Great news! The bidet has arrived from Italy, but its probably going to take me a fortnight to type all the fitting instructions into Google Translate.
    Its made especially to fit the Thetford C200, but other versions are available.
    When its finished, I will review it, but it should considerably reduce the use of, and the amount of paper going into the cassette.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    F.O.F with caravan stuff glued on
    A cold water bidet ?
    You can stick that up your a**e (Ooops that what you are planning)
    Likes RoaminRog liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Miami 740S
    Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Charlie View Post
    A cold water bidet ?
    You can stick that up your a**e (Ooops that what you are planning)
    It is fully equipped to plumb both hot and cold water, and that is what I will do but, it is not a good idea to put steaming water into a sealed cassette, as anyone who has rinsed their cassette with hot water will tell you. The first thing to blow is the rubber seals.
    The plan is to be able to just take the chill out of the spray, I wouldnt want Chris banging her head on the ceiling every time she went to the loo!
    Likes Full Member liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    F.O.F with caravan stuff glued on
    Quote Originally Posted by RoaminRog View Post
    Great news! The bidet has arrived from Italy, but its probably going to take me a fortnight to type all the fitting instructions into Google Translate.
    Its made especially to fit the Thetford C200, but other versions are available.
    When its finished, I will review it, but it should considerably reduce the use of, and the amount of paper going into the cassette.
    Roger you are letting the side down big time
    Real blokes don't read instructions we know how to do it already
    We still don't read read the instructions when it all goes horribly wrong we ring technical
    Likes exwindsurfer liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Miami 740S
    Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Charlie View Post
    Roger you are letting the side down big time
    Real blokes don't read instructions we know how to do it already
    We still don't read read the instructions when it all goes horribly wrong we ring technical
    Sorry Charlie, OF COURSE I know how to do it ish, but If I do have to ring technical how on earth would I understand what they were on about? I might be able to say 'Hello' but if I accidently say the wrong thing they MAY send the 'boys' round! Then I would definitely need the bidet working

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Dakota
    Google Translate allows you to use the camera on a phone or tablet to scan and translate text.

You should be able to use that technique to translate the instructions.
    Remember - POI additions and updates can be sent by email to POI@wildcamping.co.uk
    Likes RoaminRog liked this post
    Thanks RoaminRog thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Miami 740S
    Quote Originally Posted by POI Admin View Post
    Google Translate allows you to use the camera on a phone or tablet to scan and translate text.

You should be able to use that technique to translate the instructions.
    Thanks Chris, I will look into that this evening. R

Member Number
    Motorhome
    2004 swb mr transit
    not sure if you have submersible pump but check to see if it is not seized i had a problem with mine and it was the pump not rotating/turning, freed it off by using a pair of snipped nose pliers poked through the end an moved it back and forth.

tranivanman

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information