CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Thread: Inverter update.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    motorhome. Rapido 986F

Inverter update.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Thankyou for all your comments about the Inverter query, just been over to where I bought the mobility scooter from because it would not charge properly since the weekend, did not say anything but the charger was buggered, looks like the inverter damaged the charger, the bike has lithium ion batteries and a special charger, the inverter was a pure sign wave but looks like that was the problem.
    The company were fine and luckily the scooter was just in warranty, as I bought it 19/6/2017, phew lol.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Are you sure the inverter was really pure sine wave? Some of the cheaper ones (most of the ones on eBay, I fear) are just modified sine wave with a fake label on them.

I've had more than one vendor confirm that the "Pure Sine Wave" inverter they are selling is really modified sine wave, but not change the listing. And reporting them to eBay as fraudulent listings did nothing.
    Likes Tezza33 liked this post
    Thanks ozzy1955 thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika EcoVip 712
    Suppose the only way you can be certain is to use an ociliscope to have a look at the wave pattern. I do know from experience that a cheap inverter ruins an electric tooth brush charger. Pure sine wave inverters are not cheap. Paid 120 for mine a few years ago and it charges the electric bike batteries via a charger.
    Thanks ozzy1955 thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    I am not a fan of inverters. I use 12v adapters to charge the laptop and the only thing that uses the inverter is a hand blender which cosy 7. If the inverter breaks that, so be it.
    Charging electric toothbrushes was the only thing that I'd need a PSW inverter for, but I found an inexpensive USB toothbrush charger which does the job perfectly well.

Thread Information