CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best 2 Berth Motorhome

Member Number
    Motorhome
    motorhome

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Thanks for all the replies (sorry if the spelling gets iffy im watching the match with beer in my hand) and yes I agree with you all. I own a skoda because its oldish, basic and works. The more tech you get, the less reliable it is. I was also a diesel mechanic on big ships and like what is a pretty basic 2.2 ltr diesel in the van, easy to maintain. The new motorhome has more modern gear but exactly the same gear as mine. Ours doesn't leak, has only done 32,000 miles which for what is basically a van is barly ran in. It will last 500,000 miles if well maintained. The fella along the street has an old fiat motorhome with180,000 on the clock and it runs perfect. I want to upgrade bits like LPG conversion, maybe new cloth interior and sat tv and do big miles. It flew through its MOT. So yes, I want to keep it, tweek it and run it for years. Now to persuade her!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autocruise Starspirit
    I have a pre swift autocruise starspirit and love it. small enough to park and manoeuvre easily, yet big enough to holiday extended in it.
    I've looked at many a newer model and felt swayed by the modern furnishings, but not enough to feel like swapping my current van, as the build quality is superb.
    Likes 2cv, mariesnowgoose liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika EcoVip 712
    Depends what you are aiming to do and what sort of parking you have available. We have found if we are away for 6 - 8 weeks its nice to have beds that are already made rather than having to put them together. Everyones idea of a perfect MH is different. Your wife evidently has differing views to you and would rather have something a bit newer with less mileage. We put up with a Swift for 3 years and found all the bits we didn't like including taking a took kit out every time we went anywhere. Pilote worked very well but we could not live with the front electric bed and the never knowing if you would have a bed to sleep in. Not really what you want miles from home.

Then we found our Laika. Ok its not perfect but you do adapt. Its nice in hot weather as it has two double beds. One in the back and one pulldown at the front. Plenty of room in the garage for bikes etc. Decent payload but you need a C1 licence. Not got a full size oven but then abroad its to hot to cook inside anyway.

Dealers who trade in MH's do have to make a profit sometimes. They also have to give a warranty on used vehicles. Do all the little repairs that need doing and pay VAT on the sale. THey also have to provide premises.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autocruise Stargazer
    I have an 04 Autocruise Stargazer. The layout suits me fine with a settee each side which very quickly and easily become beds. In fact now that is just me and the dog I leave my bed made up just stowing the duvet during the day and covering my side with a dog friendly throw. Not that it worries her very much as she is quite content to stretch out on her own side. Rear kitchen, loo and shower are fine. Ample stowage when there were two of us plus dog and now more than enough for me - I can now take more than a pair of shorts and a T shirt!!
    image.jpg

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bessacarr E412

Nuevo EK

Quote Originally Posted by molly 2 View Post
    Everyone perfect motor home choice is very different. have recently purchased an auto sleeper nuevo ek my reasons for choosing it was firstly , short enough to fit on my drive ,2 good seize single beds ,very important to us , good seize shower, very roomy for a small van ,down side is you have to rotate the front seats to make up the bed length ,not much of a problem as the seat would be rotated for day time use , a permanent or drop down bed was not an option us .good hunting .
    How are you getting on with it? That’s what we were looking at for the same reasons. However we were put of by a number of things lacking that we have on the Bessacarr...(and which are also missing on the new Bessacarr).
    Older Nuevos had higher roof with taller cupboards with room for a shelf and more high level storage in the kitchen.
    They’ve pulled the roof back to the cab so no more room for big cupboard over the cab, hence nowhere for bulky bedding or space to put heavy things up front away from the rear axle.
    No room underneath to accommodate a duplicate or larger gas tank...the 20 litre tank is too small for long trips in winter off grid.
    Bench seats too low to accommodate our generator underneath.
    Also although we liked the quality of fitout there seemed to be a lot of silly design shortcomings that could easily have been avoided...like an external drain pipe that runs uphill and will trap ice, no obvious place to fix a tv out of the way, underbench arrangement of heating pipes wastes precious storage space.

We were also deterred by Autosleeper’s apparently deliberate avoidance to provide info on actual ex-factory axle loads, and reluctance to answer technical queries...since they couldn’t be bothered, we couldn’t be bothered to buy one! We had even contemplated an ES version to use the overcab for storage, but there still were too many compromises. So it’s still the devil we know.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    09 Fiat Ducato 2.3 Swift Mondial RL
    Get yourself to one of the big motorhome shows where its easier to compare vans, only you two know what you require out of a van. If your better half wants a newer van and you can afford it, get it. Life will be much sweeter and you only pass by this way once.
    Likes mariesnowgoose, Biggarmac liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information