CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best 2 Berth Motorhome

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Elddis 120

Best 2 Berth Motorhome

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Hi all. My Autoquest Suntor 120 has served me well in the last year. Sadly my "better" half has decided that as we now love motorhomes so much we should sell the 120, get a decent price and buy something new/nearly new. The reasoning being that we buy a new one, keep it forever and do massive miles until we pop our clogs or are to old to travel around. I have discussed with her that ours is really nice and works fine and will last many years but shes still adamant on a newish one. As ive never been to trade shows and the like I ask if anyone out there has a two birth that they would recommend. Ive had a look around local showrooms and really liked the Accordo 120 from Elddis but its just a new version of ours, better engine, more modern interior/exterior, few bells and whistles but pretty much like ours only newer. Nice size and layout, slimish to get round country lanes etc. I really dont know anything of other brands and dont know any dealers that are around other than our local ones so if anyone knows a good dealer. Maybe its better to sell private. I did notice how much they offered in trade in and know they will put it back for sale around£5000 more than they offered us. Or I could just ignore the missus and enjoy my....sorry......our current motorhome and save lots of £££'s but life would become a tad more....difficult. LOL!

Mick

Pauljenny is offline Failed jackpot winner
    Name: Where's Me- Wallet
    Spouse: Long suffering

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bentley Indigo
    If you are happy with your present van, why go to the expense and hassle of buying a new one
    .. VAT, ,getting rid of the old, dealing with dealers... Nah.

It might be easier and cheaper to change your wife.?
    It's not where you live... It's HOW you live..
    Likes mariesnowgoose, trevskoda, Justjack liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bentley Ochre
    I agree with Paul, when you've found what you like stick with it. People seem to have loads of trouble with new vans sometimes, why walk into such grief? Dealers are not there for charity, so why not use what you'd be handing over to them to keep your current van in tip top shape.
    2CV

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Merc sprinter xlwb van still to convert
    Grow a pair,and tell your better half, you always have the Motorhome to move into

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bessacarr E412

New van

For three years we tried to find something better than our 2013/4 Bessacarr E412. It had taken the first three years to iron out all the “teething problems”, with a few still rattling on. However having looked at all the available similar sized vans we came to the conclusion that most of the so-called improvements in the later models were in fact a step back in functionality and design compared with what we already had, and that build quality was worse, or at least no better as manufacturers continually chip away at their specifications to beat each other on price. Also as they try to dazzle the unwary with more ‘features’, and make their loading data ever more obscure, real payloads get less rather than more. Sadly we found this to be equally the case with the so called more up-market models as well.

It’s also worth noting that Euro 6d engines will be along in a year or two. The next generation will have emissions verified by testing under real road conditions as opposed to the currently discredited testing regime and as such should be more ‘future proof’ than this years offerings as far as future emission zones are concerned.

We ended up staying with the devil we know, since as yet there is nowhere we can’t go that we would want to and layout wise it suits us just fine. Ok maintainance is getting a bit more expensive, but nothing compared with the annual depreciation on a new one.
    Likes mariesnowgoose, Justjack, Nabsim liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    MAN 7.5T
    I find new vehicles are now so complex that there's far more scope for things to go wrong,and they seem to. Personally if I was cashed up,I'd go for an older MH and throw a wedge of cash at updating, modernising and personalising it to my specs,and end up with something simpler,more reliable and usually a lot cheaper for repairs,servicing etc.
    668,the neighbour of the beast.

Member Number
    Difficult to make a suggestion with out a bit of a clue as to what your preference is. So I'd suggest visiting a few dealers yards until you both get a idea, That's what we did when looking to buy if you don't think your present vans layout can be improved your part way there. Made up bed, large storage space, Good payload, large water tank, ability to carry 2 x 13kg gas bottles, Habitation door on RHS

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autocruise
    Stick to the road you know, a brand new van admittedly looks great but I don’t think the build quality is as good , I love our van it’s an 05 , a neighbor of ours has just bought a new Burstner £98,000 and believe me or believe me not I would not swap him, maybe because this is my first van I don’t know , it’s an original Autocruise before swift took them over and the build quality is superb no rattles on any cupboards and never had anything go wrong (tempted fate there I know) . New vans look beautiful but the reality is sometimes different.

mariesnowgoose is offline Unreformed Mongoose
    Name: Marie
    Spouse: Neilyg

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Ford Legend Auto-Sleeper 1988 Diesel
    I agree with all the posts to date and the advice is spot on.

If you're not looking for a BIGGER van per se , and the one you've got does everything you need and you're happy with it, why does your wife even want to get a new one?

Apart from the fact that you immediately lose several thousand £££s of hard earned cash the minute you drive it off the forecourt at the dealers, the idea of buying a 'van for life' doesn't necessarily mean the latest model straight off the production line.

There's nothing wrong with doing that if you really want to, but unless you've got money burning a hole in your pocket then as far as your current camper is concerned why fix it if it ain't broke, if you get what I mean

You could always go the second hand route and still get a lovely van that's maybe a couple of years old, had little use, and is a heck of a lot cheaper than brand new if you still think this fits the 'van for life' theory.

I think you need to ask your wife why she REALLY wants a new camper if your old one already ticks all the boxes?

PS. I bet it's cos she wants all the glittery new interior & fixtures and fittings - it's a woman thing - well, some women anyway
    Last edited by mariesnowgoose; 11-07-2018 at 17:57.
    Life: unfinished threads in a never-ending tapestry
    Marie
    Likes Justjack, Biggarmac, RoadTrek Boy, Nabsim liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Auto sleeper nuevo
    Everyone perfect motor home choice is very different. have recently purchased an auto sleeper nuevo ek my reasons for choosing it was firstly , short enough to fit on my drive ,2 good seize single beds ,very important to us , good seize shower, very roomy for a small van ,down side is you have to rotate the front seats to make up the bed length ,not much of a problem as the seat would be rotated for day time use , a permanent or drop down bed was not an option us .good hunting .
    Likes Nabsim liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information