CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOT Question

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Toyota Previa

MOT Question

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Hello. We have a 7 seat Toyota Previa that we take the seats out and use for camping. There is an amazing bed unit and kitchen unit that fix the the Previa using the original seat mounts.

When we have MOT-ed it in the past we take all of the camper stuff out and put all of the seats back in, but storing the seats and going through this routine is tedious.

If we never wanted to use the seats again, would it get through an MOT without them. I've tried the VOSA DVSA websites but there are only really references to drivers seats and folding seats, but nothing about how many should be there.

The insurance company have approved of what we do and it has not been reregistered as a "motor caravan".

Many thanks for any help.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer 584 Classic
    If all rear seats and seat belts are removed you should be ok (not sure if rules have changed) but why not pop into the MOT centre and ask them for clarification

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Defleffs Summer

They have the answer

Go to

Book a lorry, bus or trailer annual test (MOT) - GOV.UK

And look for your nearest test station, then give them a ring.

You CAN NOT get a MOT in any other country not even valid if you try Gibraltar.

Polar Bear is offline Any news of the iceberg?
    Name: Wilhelm
    Spouse: Karen

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B544
    The MOT examiner will only test what is there seat-wise. If there are only two seats they may record on an advisory that some seats are missing but will not fail because of it.
    Wilhelm.
    Likes channa, phillybarbour, time4t liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Tezza33 View Post
    If all rear seats and seat belts are removed you should be ok (not sure if rules have changed) but why not pop into the MOT centre and ask them for clarification
    My understanding too, you cant test whats not there ! However if fitted should work correctly. It becomes messy with lighting etc construction and Use regulations eg one of my older bikes preceeded compulsory indicators so that's ok but if I fitted them they have to work, a more modern machine my understand is need to be fitted ?

Channa

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    It will be ok as long as all removed,id ask about the belts as they to may have to be removed.
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    Isn't there something that states the number of seats seem to remember Tester asking me once how many seats and I don't think they count the drivers

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner
    My 3 rear seats in the car have never been sat on, I took them out as soon as I got it home. It is a glorified Dog transporter and has passed it's last 2 MOTs (it's now 4 years old).
    Likes Growlie69 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B564 Lionheart 2001
    My husband was a dreaded VOSA man or as now call DVSA. He say that you can take it all out. Leave the seat belts if you want, it makes no difference. They can only test what is there but will state on certificate that the seats were not there so therefore not tested
    Likes Growlie69 liked this post

Member Number
    I'm not sure, but I would say you can leave the camper kit in. If it, (a seat) isn't there, then it won't be tested.

As above though, just pop in and ask your test station before you go

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information