CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: What to stick this with?

  1. #11
    Byronic Guest


    CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    First you have to identify what it is your sticking.
    Thetford cassettes are PP =polypropylene. Just get an
    adhesive that says "suitable for PP." Loctite make
    a plastic adhesive that will stick PP. Simple.

  2. #12
    Full Member is offline Full Member
    Name: Sir Colin
    Spouse: No Thank You

    Member Number
    41323
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    352
    Location
    Equidistant From The M25, M1 and A1M
    Motorhome
    Autosleeper Palermo
    Quote Originally Posted by n brown View Post
    araldite , if you can clean off the old stuff well enough.
    + one.

    Colin 😊😊😊

  3. #13
    Wooie1958's Avatar
    Wooie1958 is offline Cupid Stunt
    Name: Hey You
    Spouse: Yes M`Lady

    Member Number
    17249
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,546
    Location
    Preston. Lancashire.
    Motorhome
    Compass Castaway 500 LL
    Must Get Round To Setting Up A Paypal Donate Button
    Likes LindsayH liked this post

  4. #14

    Member Number
    55337
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    187
    Motorhome
    Renault Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronic View Post
    First you have to identify what it is your sticking.
    Thetford cassettes are PP =polypropylene. Just get an
    adhesive that says "suitable for PP." Loctite make
    a plastic adhesive that will stick PP. Simple.
    This is what I did. Followed the instructions to the letter but it didn't stay stuck!

  5. #15
    Byronic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LindsayH View Post
    This is what I did. Followed the instructions to the letter but it didn't stay stuck!
    That junction you're attempting to bond is easy to stress and, usually the smaller
    pipe will have a flange to give plenty of surface area to bond to the
    large pipe. If it hasn't then plastic welding is the way to go. But
    something has worked on it previously for a while. I wonder if someone
    just hot glue gunned it with adhesive sticks. Araldite if built up to
    form a fillet may work but it's not normally the best for PP. The SOG
    connection is usually on the flat top surface of the cassette and
    that has a flanged junction.

    Just noted your other post, I imagine your first priority to be the
    leaking rooflight!
    Last edited by Byronic; 09-08-2018 at 16:32.

  6. #16

    Member Number
    55337
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    187
    Motorhome
    Renault Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronic View Post
    That junction you're attempting to bond is easy to stress and, usually the smaller
    pipe will have a flange to give plenty of surface area to bond to the
    large pipe. If it hasn't then plastic welding is the way to go. But
    something has worked on it previously for a while. I wonder if someone
    just hot glue gunned it with adhesive sticks. Araldite if built up to
    form a fillet may work but it's not normally the best for PP. The SOG
    connection is usually on the flat top surface of the cassette and
    that has a flanged junction.

    Just noted your other post, I imagine your first priority to be the
    leaking rooflight!
    Yes indeed, along with power and a fridge! I don't really know what to do about any of it to be honest, and at least the sog outlet is something I can tackle. Although not very successfully it seems
    Go and park under a bridge???
    Thanks for the advice x
    Likes N/A liked this post

  7. #17

    Member Number
    77923
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    3
    Location
    WIRRAL
    Motorhome
    TALBOT EXPRESS

    Sticky stuff.

    Hi Lindsey. You could try UPVc SOLVENT WELD, it is a glue for plastics used in plumbing. You would have to clean off all the old stuff, and do it in the open air , it is quite pungent. any B+Q, Wickes etc would have it. There is usually a brush in the lid to apply it, and it is fast acting.
    Regards Brian.

  8. #18
    R0B's Avatar
    R0B is offline Full Member
    Name: Robert
    Spouse: (pl. spice)

    Member Number
    72907
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    170
    Location
    Kent
    Motorhome
    Talbot Express Bedouin
    Quote Originally Posted by LindsayH View Post
    Yes indeed, along with power and a fridge! I don't really know what to do about any of it to be honest, and at least the sog outlet is something I can tackle. Although not very successfully it seems
    Go and park under a bridge???
    Thanks for the advice x
    Re power and fridge - Wildebus makes a well reasoned case for an inverter and 240v fridge here - AC Fridge In Campevan -.Power Consumption Test

    It's advice I've taken. I bought an A++ fridge off amazon. Only 40 litres capacity but enough for milk, butter and my medicine*.

    *Stella Artois

  9. #19

    Member Number
    50391
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    3,519
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Quote Originally Posted by brianl View Post
    Hi Lindsey. You could try UPVc SOLVENT WELD, it is a glue for plastics used in plumbing. You would have to clean off all the old stuff, and do it in the open air , it is quite pungent. any B+Q, Wickes etc would have it. There is usually a brush in the lid to apply it, and it is fast acting.
    Regards Brian.
    Solvent weld probably won't melt PP. It's for PVC.

  10. #20

    Member Number
    41758
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,404
    Motorhome
    HYMER ML I
    I would personally weld it together using a hot powerful soldering iron. I fix all manner of items together using that method and carefully done is as strong as the original material. Gently run the molten plastics together by smearing the over each other. You can also cut a bit of scrap and add as a filler material.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •