Nabsim is offline Full Member
    Name: Nabs (Neil)
    Spouse: Caz

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Geist Phantom

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by maingate View Post
    My Burstner came with a sliding table and as usual the table was far too big and was a nuisance. I removed it and fitted a smaller one with a short hinged section at one end so that it could be bigger for mealtimes. I bought a tabletop from IKEA which is heavy but I have lots of payload so it did not matter. I would expect the table frame from Burstner would be eyewateringly expensive but you might get something from a Caravan Breaker at a fraction of the cost.

I could not find the type of spring loaded hinges in the UK and had to order them from China. When they arrived they were not the same size so I just fitted one and used two wooden blocks to stiffen up the extension when raised. I ordered 2 that were too big anyway but it works OK with one big one.
    Was that a free standing slider similar to the one in my first post Jim or mounted on a rail? May have been a Burstner one I saw before, will have a google thanks
    Don't Worry, Be Happy

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1997 Lunar Road Star 570 2001 BMW 1150RS
    I got a circular coffee table off Freecycle, binned the legs and mounted the socket underneath and lo, we have a table that we can get past
    Let the fun be-gin
    Likes trevskoda, Nabsim liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner T660 Nexxo
    You can buy a slider from a company called Sea-screw, this is it, under 60 and has about 115mm of travel.7F8758A4-C930-444B-9397-A6334FDFA00C.gif
    Likes Nabsim, Edina, Tezza33 liked this post
    Thanks Nabsim thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Geist Phantom
    Quote Originally Posted by saxonborg View Post
    You can buy a slider from a company called Sea-screw, this is it, under 60 and has about 115mm of travel.7F8758A4-C930-444B-9397-A6334FDFA00C.gif
    That looks just the job, I have emailed them asking how the underside fits, do you know if it goes on a standard 70mm pedestal leg or not?
    Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Likes saxonborg liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabsim View Post
    I want the main pedestal table in the van to be able to slide if it is something I can do without the need of too much skill. I have seen these pedestal table slider but at 300 they are about ten times more than I am wanting to pay. Has anyone seen anything similar as I think I did see something a few months ago but cant remember where?

I have seen on a self build where someone used sliding door tracks to make something but my version would probably fall apart with dinner on it so would prefer a 'manufactured' item if I go this way.

Here is the one I can find:
    Attachment 67945
    I got rid of table and got me one o these from Ikea.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner
    Was that a free standing slider similar to the one in my first post Jim or mounted on a rail? May have been a Burstner one I saw before, will have a google thanks
    It is a 2 stage hydraulic leg with a square metal frame on top with sliders lengthways and across. The table section is bolted to the frame. I should have some pictures of the finished mod somewhere.

SAM_0354.jpgSAM_0355.jpgSAM_0356.jpg
    Likes runnach, Nabsim liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E
    Quote Originally Posted by maingate View Post
    It is a 2 stage hydraulic leg with a square metal frame on top with sliders lengthways and across. The table section is bolted to the frame. I should have some pictures of the finished mod somewhere.

SAM_0354.jpgSAM_0355.jpgSAM_0356.jpg
    Looks the bizz, Jim.
    Likes maingate liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner T660 Nexxo
    That looks just the job, I have emailed them asking how the underside fits, do you know if it goes on a standard 70mm pedestal leg or not?
    Guessing it does as it is shown with all the various type of table pedestals. I have a similar quandry to yourself, but I want to make my table smaller and be on a telescopic pedestal so that I can drop it down level with a fixed seat so that it gives a large comfotable travelling seat for our Golden Retriever. There are plenty of slides and air sprung/ electric pedestals about but horrendously expensive.
    Likes Nabsim liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Geist Phantom
    Quote Originally Posted by saxonborg View Post
    Guessing it does as it is shown with all the various type of table pedestals. I have a similar quandry to yourself, but I want to make my table smaller and be on a telescopic pedestal so that I can drop it down level with a fixed seat so that it gives a large comfotable travelling seat for our Golden Retriever. There are plenty of slides and air sprung/ electric pedestals about but horrendously expensive.
    See what they reply with, if it takes round pedestal tube I will get one of those unless when they reply there is a reason not to, ours is just for a table either in or out. Will let you know
    Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Likes saxonborg liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner T660 Nexxo
    See what they reply with, if it takes round pedestal tube I will get one of those unless when they reply there is a reason not to, ours is just for a table either in or out. Will let you know
    Did you ever get a reply?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information