CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Refillable LPG Low warning

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autocruise Select 164

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Ive just found it and checked and its bloomin empty, Its a gasit refillable tank, and I didnt know there was a gauge. See pic.

I honestly cant believe its empty, I havent used anywhere near what Id expect to empty it, after the fill ups surprising me with how little they needed the other times. I have used the heating a bit but nowt heavy. Im wondering about a possible leakage now, so will inspect and monitor.
    Just for ref, pic attached and Trumas response is below.

Thanks for the help

"Thank you for your enquiry. Fault code 212 is stating that flame has not been detected. Please ensure that your gas bottle is turned on, the isolation valve is turned on and that any rupture protection has been reset. Also ensure you are not using butane in colder conditions.

If all of the above seems ok, we would recommend that a gas engineer checks your gas working pressure, any blockages at the gas valve and the condition of the flue.

Please click on the link below and enter your postcode for dealers in your local area;

Dealer search

I hope this is helpful but please come back to me if you need any further information.

Kind regards

Rachel Roberts
    Customer Service Advisor"
    gasit.jpg
    Yes you can, Yes you can, Yes you can !

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Auto sleeper nuevo
    Quote Originally Posted by landoboguy View Post
    Ive just found it and checked and its bloomin empty, Its a gasit refillable tank, and I didnt know there was a gauge. See pic.

I honestly cant believe its empty, I havent used anywhere near what Id expect to empty it, after the fill ups surprising me with how little they needed the other times. I have used the heating a bit but nowt heavy. Im wondering about a possible leakage now, so will inspect and monitor.

Thanks for the help

gasit.jpg
    my motorhome has a factory fit underbody tank the dash gauge is an absolute joke .

Member Number
    Motorhome
    N+B Arto 69GL(2003)
    Quote Originally Posted by grath View Post
    Thanks for confirming.
    It does depend on fridges and vans.
    With our previous van, we could just about last for three weeks on one 11kg cylinder and that was wilding abroad in hot weather.
    Our present van lasts just over two weeks. Our cooking has not changed so it must be the boiler or/and fridge.
    We do heat the water for daily showers and cook hot food every day
    That equates to our experience on one Gaslow 11kg cylinder(we have an old Calor for back-up but never used in 9 years)

Geoff

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Assessing how much is in an LPG tank or cylinder is not a simple task.
    You can't go by pressure: that only varies by the temperature of the liquid gas at the surface.
    Refillable bottles usually have no room for a float inside, so they sometimes use an ultrasonic sensor to guess the height of the surface of the liquid. Or some try to detect the "cold line" where the liquid turns to gas, but that only works when you are drawing quite a lot of gas.
    Tanks normally have a four hole manifold, and one of the holes is for the gauge. Basically it is a float on an arm that should go up and down with the liquid level, floating on the top.
    All the gauges have a little dial, which is usually fairly accurate (about as accurate as a vehicle fuel gauge) but some also have a variable resistor that a remote display can use. These tend to be pretty inaccurate, though the one I have now seems very good.
    If you want to know the actual tank level, take the cover off, get down on your hands and knees and peer at the tiny gauge, or use your phone to take a photo.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Forgot to say that with a bottle, you can always weigh it to find out how much gas is inside.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Kontiki 640

Thanks for the help

gasit.jpg
    Are you sure its filling properly? You say on your first post it only took 23p which is nothing but you also say you have filled again several times. How much did it take on those occasions.

I guess you will know if you refill it now when its empty as you should know how many litres a full tank is.

Usage is the best gauge. I can tell you within a litre how much gas I have left just based on the time of year and experience.
    Likes delicagirl liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autocruise Select 164
    well its a 25 litre tank and I just filled it this morning took 12.00 but I was expecting 15.00 .60p per litre, so am assuming the ratio of 75% full for expansion comes in to play, so the tank is 25l but will never allow more than 18-19l to fill it to allow for expansion.

Ill monitor it now.

Update, my nearest and dearest informs me she went in the other morning to give a spring clean and set the heater to 18 deg. DOh! so it had been running on my driveway. .
    Yes you can, Yes you can, Yes you can !
    Likes yeoblade liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    N+B Arto 69GL(2003)
    well its a 25 litre tank and I just filled it this morning took 12.00 but I was expecting 15.00 .60p per litre, so am assuming the ratio of 75% full for expansion comes in to play, so the tank is 25l but will never allow more than 18-19l to fill it to allow for expansion.

Ill monitor it now.

Update, my nearest and dearest informs me she went in the other morning to give a spring clean and set the heater to 18 deg. DOh! so it had been running on my driveway. .

When you fill don't you look at the litres on the pump?
    Likes yeoblade liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    i had a similar problem after i had a gasit system fitted a couple of years ago - i even took it back to gas it to ensure it had been fitted properly.... it was... Their technicians explained that first gas bottle to be used needed to be completely emptied before being refilled for the gauge to become effective... i cant recall the technical explanation for this - but the gauge that comes with the system at least now registers when the first bottle is empty so that i can start to look for a new garage to refill bottle no 1 whilst using the 2nd bottle....
    Likes landoboguy liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Tanks should fill to 80% not 75%. With a tiny tank.like that, you need all the capacity it has. Our tank is 70 litre, so it holds 28KG of LPG. Over the current trip, it has lasted a little over a month per tankful, but as the winter cold has to be overcome, it will last about three weeks, based on previous years experience.
    Thanks landoboguy thanked for this post

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information