CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Refillable LPG Low warning

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autocruise Select 164

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by RoaminRog View Post
    We have a Gas It twin 11kg four hole system, we have no changeover valve but prefer to have them plumbed as one tank. In the kitchen, we have this 9 LED Display ( Switched ) & 0-95 ohm sender unit for GAS IT Tanks & GAS IT Plus bottles - GAS IT Leisure Gas Bottles, Gas Cylincers and Gas Tanks - Catering, Motorhome, Campervan, Caravan, Farrier and Road Repair Refillable Gas Solutions. which we find satisfyingly accurate, and it takes the worry out of if we have enough gas or not.
    I never have to lift bottles, or wonder where the spanner is in the middle of the night, in fact the only time I ever have to even open the gas cupboard is to show somebody the set up.
    Thanks Roamindog, I think Ill invest in one of these. Did you fit yourself, looks straight forward
    Yes you can, Yes you can, Yes you can !

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autocruise Select 164
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholsong View Post
    When you fill don't you look at the litres on the pump?
    yes I did, but the maths in the prev post would tell you it was 20 litres, 19.90 to be precise, maybe I should have made that clear for you

which tbf tallies with hairydogs post so now makes sense

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Quote Originally Posted by landoboguy View Post
    Update, my nearest and dearest informs me she went in the other morning to give a spring clean aand set the heater to 18 deg. DOh! so it had been running on my driveway. .
    I'm a little bemused by that.
    Was it a very late Spring 2018 clean, or a rather early Spring 2019 clean?
    Or are you in the antipodes?
    Last edited by hairydog; 06-11-2018 at 22:01.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autocruise Select 164
    Quote Originally Posted by hairydog View Post
    I'm a little bemused by that.
    Was it a very late Spring 2018 clean, or a rather early Spring 2019 clean?
    Or are you in the antipodes?
    Erm at the risk of upsetting her that shall be obeyed, lets say it early

And as for be used, well thats me.

Touche edits, lol.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    The dial on the tank is connected magnetically, so you can replace it without disturbing the gas. Then you need to connect the two wires from there to where you want the guage, and to a fused power supply. And a switch. They take up to a minute to give an accurate reading, so a push button might prove tiresome.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autosleeper Trooper LE
    Quote Originally Posted by molly 2 View Post
    my motorhome has a factory fit underbody tank the dash gauge is an absolute joke .
    My LP/petrol car has a factory fit LPG system and the gauge is also an absolute joke.

It has a red light & 4 green lights. When full, all green lights are lit and they gradually go off and when the bottom one goes out, the red light comes on indicating an empty tank. This happens at about 110 - 120 miles after filling up. There is still plenty of gas as it will go to 190 - 200 miles before it needs to be switched to petrol. Until this week. Now it has decided that all 4 green lights should stay on all the time. I just ignore it and use the trip to decide when I am getting low instead.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner
    Quote Originally Posted by Caz View Post
    My LP/petrol car has a factory fit LPG system and the gauge is also an absolute joke.

It has a red light & 4 green lights. When full, all green lights are lit and they gradually go off and when the bottom one goes out, the red light comes on indicating an empty tank. This happens at about 110 - 120 miles after filling up. There is still plenty of gas as it will go to 190 - 200 miles before it needs to be switched to petrol. Until this week. Now it has decided that all 4 green lights should stay on all the time. I just ignore it and use the trip to decide when I am getting low instead.
    I think I am right in saying that car LPG tanks are different in that they are a liquid takeoff and therefore do not have the 20% gas area like a motorhome bottle or tank. I would imagine that yours has a float valve and could be adjusted for more accuracy.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autosleeper Trooper LE
    I guess the float valve has got stuck at the top then. It can stay there.

R0B is offline Full Member
    Name: Robert
    Spouse: (pl. spice)

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Talbot Express Bedouin
    Quote Originally Posted by maingate View Post
    I think I am right in saying that car LPG tanks are different in that they are a liquid takeoff and therefore do not have the 20% gas area like a motorhome bottle or tank. I would imagine that yours has a float valve and could be adjusted for more accuracy.

Canít speak for others but Iíve got two 80 litre tanks to provide go juice and I canít get more than about 130 litres in so on the evidence of that Iíd say the 80% rule applies.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Quote Originally Posted by maingate View Post
    I can assure you that the 80% applies just the same, whether it is liquid or vapour take off (or both).

LPG expands a great deal with rising temperature. The 20% ullage space gives room for that, to prevent the tank turning into a bomb.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information