CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sat Nav question please.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika EcoVip 712

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Have a look at the Blaupunkt 945. Double Din unit. Bit over your budget but its Android Based so you can add other Apps to it. We have a Speed App added which superimposes the speed over all other Apps. It also has facilities for second display so I have a 7" rear camera display on the right of the dash which shows exactly whats on the centre display.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Yes, the Blauplunkt Cape Town is a really good unit if you have room for a double din.
    It runs iGo Primo which I think is the best satnav software on the market. You can try it out by buying a Nozatec or Xgody satnav. If you are willing to pay just over £40 you can get one that runs on Android and has a 7" screen.
    Noting like as good hardware as the Blauplunkt, of course, but it works well.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    fiat-ducato ci carioca 694

keep

Quote Originally Posted by Bigusdickus View Post
    One word, Garmin.
    I know, that was 3.
    keep carman garman,pj

Member Number
    Our problem with Garmin is when we had the Guesthouse it has us on the wrong side of the road and although we were roadside with a thundering great sign people struggled to find us iwth Garmin. Tomtom on the other hand had us spot of though to be fair they stayed with us. Even after mailing Garmin the problem was never resolved so not too impressed with them TBH.

B2

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar Campscout Revolution
    At that money Garmin DezlCam with built in dash cam. I use it for my HGV driving job and itís very good as long as you use common sense as well.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Roadtrek 190V
    Quote Originally Posted by saxonborg View Post
    Garmin 760, taken me upto the Artic circle twice plus longish trips around France and Germany, a few hiccoughs, some have mostly been my fault, generally it works well for me. I don’t think any satnav would be perfect so I usually have hard copy maps for reference, for the Uk I have an OS maps subscription so I can download detail maps to my ipad and then use my Garmin Glo to navigate as a backup system. I am also looking at Ign maps for Europe so I can have similar detail to the OS maps.
    I hope you weren't heading to the south of France from Paris at the time....
    Colin
    Warning: Definitely contains nuts.

alwaysared is offline Full Member
    Name: Derek AKA Del
    Spouse: Diane

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1996 Dethleffs Globe Trotter
    My Garmin Camper is pretty good, my only gripe is that it will take you down a road then tell you it doesn't know the suitability of the road for motorhomes
    So in this techno day and age why on earth doesn't it just not take you there in the first place?

Regards,
    Del
    90% of people are stupid, I'm glad I'm in the other 20%

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Sundance 630G (X250)
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysared View Post
    My Garmin Camper is pretty good, my only gripe is that it will take you down a road then tell you it doesn't know the suitability of the road for motorhomes
    So in this techno day and age why on earth doesn't it just not take you there in the first place?

Regards,
    Del
    As has been said before unless a road is officially width/weight restricted then it is fair game for any vehicle to use, once you see it though you probably wouldn't want your P&J scraping down the hedges. Just set you SatNav to shortest way and you'll find them all!
    Swift 630G
    in the boot
    Likes R0B liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information