CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sat Nav question please.

Member Number

Sat Nav question please.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    We have a built-in sat nav in the new (to us) van which is 3 years old and I have to say I am seriously under impressed with the built in sat nav system compared to our aging TomTom unit as it does not give speed info or lane info. So....

Recommendations please for a portable satnav with a decent screen that will take the POI sets with out too much hassle. Budget of 500 if needed.

Thanks

B2

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner Nexxo T660
    I use a Garmin Dezl 760LM they should be reasonably cheap these days, or consider using a tablet loaded with Copilot. Can be mounted to your dash dependant on what base van you're using IMG_2343.jpgIMG_2343.jpg

Wooie1958 is offline That`s Nice.
    Name: Hey You
    Spouse: Yes M`Lady

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Castaway 500 LL
    Garmin Camper 760 LMT-D here, very easy to use and update via Garmin Express and loads our POI`s via Garmin POI Loader in seconds

Now superceded by the Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D which i believe had charging cable issues to start with but i think that`s all sorted now.
    Did I mention I`d Won In The 1000 Giveaway
    Likes peter palance liked this post

Member Number
    Oddly just finished reading theAmazon reviews on the camper and a lot of unhappy people out there saying its too busy and too keen to go down unsuitable roads.

B2

Wooie1958 is offline That`s Nice.
    Name: Hey You
    Spouse: Yes M`Lady

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Castaway 500 LL
    It`s taken us down a couple of small roads in France but that was because they had no restrictions on them at all

The only other hiccup was a corner in the centre of Meung-sur-Loire that took about a dozen shunts to get around but that was down to me being a clever arse

It was telling me to turn left which would have missed the corner but i saw the Parking.gif sign straight on so that`s what i did
    Did I mention I`d Won In The 1000 Giveaway

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Adria Sonic Supreme
    Id go with the tablet and CoPilot. Best weve used. None a failsafe, but his is better than the car built in and an old Garmin.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner T660 Nexxo
    Garmin 760, taken me upto the Artic circle twice plus longish trips around France and Germany, a few hiccoughs, some have mostly been my fault, generally it works well for me. I dont think any satnav would be perfect so I usually have hard copy maps for reference, for the Uk I have an OS maps subscription so I can download detail maps to my ipad and then use my Garmin Glo to navigate as a backup system. I am also looking at Ign maps for Europe so I can have similar detail to the OS maps.
    Likes peter palance liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer Exsis t-588
    Quote Originally Posted by Borders2 View Post
    We have a built-in sat nav in the new (to us) van which is 3 years old and I have to say I am seriously under impressed with the built in sat nav system compared to our aging TomTom unit as it does not give speed info or lane info. So....

Recommendations please for a portable satnav with a decent screen that will take the POI sets with out too much hassle. Budget of 500 if needed.

Thanks

B2
    One word, Garmin.
    I know, that was 3.
    Bd..
    Likes carol liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    BERTY

Garmin freezing

My Garmin is fine unless it does not have the road on its mapping. This makes it freeze and crash. A quick restart cures the problem.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Auto sleeper nuevo
    500 The world is your lobster

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information