CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS


Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: Changing from a PVC or C Class an A class.

  1. #21

    Member Number
    74361
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    381
    Motorhome
    N+B Arto 69GL(2003)


    CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by grath View Post
    Geoff, I have seen some Hymers with a RHD Drivers door, however our first A Class, was not one of them.
    Incidentally we never use any cab door, keeping the floor nice and clean. We only use the hab even on our now normal cab!
    I said some A Class do not have cab doors. The ones I have seen have usually been RHD passenger/nearside doors, i.e. standard spec for a continental version of that model. I think a RHD driver's cab door would have been an optional extra.

    Any cab door on an A Class does reduce the available extra shelf/stowage space which is one advantage of the bigger cab.

    Geoff

  2. #22

    Member Number
    57300
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    532
    Motorhome
    Bessacarr E412

    Pilote

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    If you're looking for something around the 6m have a look at Pilote they have one which is about £56k, it has a drop down bed over the cab and a reasonable bathroom with separate shower.
    We have looked at and dreamed but I can remember how much storage it has.
    You should try and look at the Hymer 544 in my opinion it is the best van for two people
    Plenty of living space and storage.
    Good luck with your search.
    If looking at a 6m 3.5t Pilote look very very carefully at what is and is not included in the published weight. When we studied the figures carefully and added in the things that other manufacturers include but Pilote define as extras. And then added on our real extras, and added on two extra passengers and their stuff the payload totally evaporated...so we didnt buy one!

  3. #23
    Obanboy666's Avatar
    Obanboy666 is offline Full Member
    Name: Steve.
    Spouse: Widower.

    Member Number
    37959
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,481
    Location
    Teesside.
    Motorhome
    Pilote P650GJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by barge1914 View Post
    If looking at a 6m 3.5t Pilote look very very carefully at what is and is not included in the published weight. When we studied the figures carefully and added in the things that other manufacturers include but Pilote define as extras. And then added on our real extras, and added on two extra passengers and their stuff the payload totally evaporated...so we didnt buy one!
    Iím actually visiting my local Pilote dealer at Wolsingham tomoss. Agree about all the extras eating into payload and thatís without all the kit I take with me including the kitchen sink. I always leave home with a full water tank and an extra 30 litres onboard if Iím wilding for more than 2/3 nights, all the weights now state the water tank @ 20% another ther fiddle.
    Iím 63 this year so I will probably uprate to 3850 kg if possible regardless of what motorhome I finally decide to buy.
    The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - its all that matters.

  4. #24

    Member Number
    11469
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,361
    Location
    UK and Thailand
    Motorhome
    Lunar Premier H622

    At 63

    Quote Originally Posted by Obanboy666 View Post
    Iím actually visiting my local Pilote dealer at Wolsingham tomoss. Agree about all the extras eating into payload and thatís without all the kit I take with me including the kitchen sink. I always leave home with a full water tank and an extra 30 litres onboard if Iím wilding for more than 2/3 nights, all the weights now state the water tank @ 20% another ther fiddle.
    Iím 63 this year so I will probably uprate to 3850 kg if possible regardless of what motorhome I finally decide to buy.
    Going over 3500kg is OK
    Who knows what will be when you reach 70 and yo may be Ok to satisfy DVLA

    I am 68 now and have toyed with an A class but decided against it
    Anyway our 3500kg Coachbuit suits us fine !
    Likes Obanboy666 liked this post

  5. #25

    Member Number
    7973
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,411
    Motorhome
    Burstner
    Pilote motorhomes were well known for having a poor payload (not every model obviously) so if you see one you like, ask for a weighbridge certificate before you buy.
    Likes Obanboy666, Alf liked this post

  6. #26
    Beemer is offline Free Member
    Name: Dave
    Spouse: Christine

    Member Number
    12539
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,676
    Location
    oop north
    Motorhome
    Eura Mobil Practica 690
    Quote Originally Posted by r4dent View Post
    Couple of things

    If moving to an older A class (or indeed and older van) check UK & Euro LEZ compliance.

    .
    A very valid point if you are considering driving into cities.
    I sent off for an "umwelt Plakat" only to receive a yellow 3 sticker.
    However, we do not drive through cities unless it is on the Autobahn, as we like to park up outside and catch public transport into the centre, much more interesting and with no parking problems.
    I do not like the idea though, of advertising the fact that I have a "dirty" motorhome.

  7. #27
    Beemer is offline Free Member
    Name: Dave
    Spouse: Christine

    Member Number
    12539
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,676
    Location
    oop north
    Motorhome
    Eura Mobil Practica 690
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholsong View Post
    I said some A Class do not have cab doors. The ones I have seen have usually been RHD passenger/nearside doors, i.e. standard spec for a continental version of that model. I think a RHD driver's cab door would have been an optional extra.

    Any cab door on an A Class does reduce the available extra shelf/stowage space which is one advantage of the bigger cab.

    Geoff
    Our Eura Mobil A Class has driver and passenger doors with double glazed electric windows, (and central locking) I do not know of many other A class vans with this set up.
    Likes Alf liked this post

  8. #28

    Member Number
    37625
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,282
    Location
    Wheels a rolling
    Motorhome
    Concorde charisma
    Weíve had vans coach built and a class
    We are on our 5 van in 15 years
    For us the view and size of the front window is amazing on a class although you do feel the cold more with such a big window,
    I didnít like the coach built with the bulbous but above the cab I felt as though I was ducking down to look out at traffic lights etc when we were driving thru town this was on a swift with over cab bed area

    Our first a class (dethleffs)the drop down bed was a night mare so heavy and the springs were replaced but didnít help much our next one (rapido) perfect I would have the van back in an instant
    Current van Concorde, amazing but windows steam up and ordinary van heater is not powerful enough to demise thoroughly
    Likes Obanboy666, Alf liked this post

  9. #29

    Member Number
    65003
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    226
    Location
    Upper Clyde Valley
    Motorhome
    Pilote Motorhome on a Renault Master
    Quote Originally Posted by maingate View Post
    Pilote motorhomes were well known for having a poor payload (not every model obviously) so if you see one you like, ask for a weighbridge certificate before you buy.
    Friends used to run a public weighbridge. They wondered why some people came in with motorhomes with only the drivers seat. Be very wary of a weighbridge cert. It all depends on what was in it when weighed.

  10. #30

    Member Number
    74361
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    381
    Motorhome
    N+B Arto 69GL(2003)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggarmac View Post
    Friends used to run a public weighbridge. They wondered why some people came in with motorhomes with only the drivers seat. Be very wary of a weighbridge cert. It all depends on what was in it when weighed.
    I have always advised on this subject, when buying I would insist on being present when it is weighed and noting the tank contents.
    Likes Alf liked this post
    Thanks Alf thanked for this post

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •