CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pump wiring help needed please.

Member Number

Pump wiring help needed please.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    I have bought these items.

HowiseAcc 12V 24V 5M/16.5ft Extension Cable For Car Cigarette Lighter Socket Black - 1Pcs

12V Camper Caravan Motorhome High Flow Water Pump Submersible whale pump UK88

I cut the socket off the extension cable with gave me two wires. The pump has three wires, blue brown and orange. I have wired via a connection block the blue and brown to the two wires from the extension, got nothing so reveresed the wires and zero from the pump. I assumed that the orange is an earth?

That is my electrical ability exhausted so any suggestions please?

B2
    Last edited by Borders2; 05-12-2018 at 12:45.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hobby Van Exclusive
    Quote Originally Posted by Borders2 View Post
    I have bought these items.

HowiseAcc 12V 24V 5M/16.5ft Extension Cable For Car Cigarette Lighter Socket Black - 1Pcs

12V Camper Caravan Motorhome High Flow Water Pump Submersible whale pump UK88

I cut the socket off the extension cable with gave me two wires. The pump has three wires, blue brown and orange. I have wired via a connection block the blue and brown to the two wires from the extension, got nothing so reveresed the wires and zero from the pump. I assumed that the orange is an earth?

That is my electrical ability exhausted so any suggestions please?

B2
    Is it definitely a Whale pump?
    A Google search does not reveal the UK88 reference on the Whale website, but does throw up eBay items with the Whale name and a Uk88 reference, very much as in your description. The associated images include one showing the label on the pump, which appears to indicate that it is a Jovtop JT-500 pump made in China. The label also indicates that brown is positive, blue is negative; I cannot make out from the images whether there are more than two wires.

Member Number
    Yes thats right. I spotted the whale name and possibly stupidly given it was Ebay thought it was an actual Whale product. And I too thought there were only two wires from the pic and so was and am a bit surprised that there are three.

I should mention that when I did my testing the engine was running and as far as I know the socket was live.

There is, of course, the possibility that the unit is dead but how to test that I ain't a clue.

B2

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hobby Van Exclusive
    Yes thats right. I spotted the whale name and possibly stupidly given it was Ebay thought it was an actual Whale product. And I too thought there were only two wires from the pic and so was and am a bit surprised that there are three.

I should mention that when I did my testing the engine was running and as far as I know the socket was live.

There is, of course, the possibility that the unit is dead but how to test that I ain't a clue.

B2
    Worth using a multi-meter to check that current is getting to your connection block and that polarity complies with instructions on unit.

Would you be able to hear any sound from the unit while the engine is running?

Member Number
    The impeller is visible so its pretty clear if its working or not. As for power the sat nav works off the socket so I know there is an output.

B2

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hobby Van Exclusive
    The impeller is visible so its pretty clear if its working or not. As for power the sat nav works off the socket so I know there is an output.

B2
    OK, so the socket is live. Is there a fuse in your cigar lighter extension? Is the polarity correct (at the connection block) as per instructions on the pump?

A quick check with a multi-meter will tell you whether input to the pump is OK, thus ruling out everything other than an issue with the pump (and its supplied cable).

Member Number
    Motorhome
    sprinter banger
    i'm guessing , but i would think that brown and blue would be 12v and blue and orange would be 24v . try with a battery charger if you have one
    too blessed to be stressed
    Likes oppy, Edina liked this post

Member Number
    Does your cig lighter need ign turned on

Member Number
    First of all there are of course NO instructions. If there were would I be here asking silly quesitons...lol

There is no fuse that I know of and no meter either. So... I have to go by what I can see. As said the socket is as far as I can tell live. The pump I have tried on brown and blue thinking the orange was possibly an earth so maybe I should try the blue and brown with the orange and see if anything happens. Can I damage anything on the van by this trial and error?

B2

Member Number
    Motorhome
    sprinter banger
    First of all there are of course NO instructions. If there were would I be here asking silly quesitons...lol

There is no fuse that I know of and no meter either. So... I have to go by what I can see. As said the socket is as far as I can tell live. The pump I have tried on brown and blue thinking the orange was possibly an earth so maybe I should try the blue and brown with the orange and see if anything happens. Can I damage anything on the van by this trial and error?

B2
    you could blow a fuse , better to do it with a charger or spare battery
    too blessed to be stressed

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information