Thread: Alarms which one

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar campscout

Alarms which one

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Hi all are alarms any good if so witch ones thanks

Member Number
    The Growler is highly regarded. Loud enough to disorientate any unauthorised entrant.

Milenco Sleep Safe window alarms are worth considering for low cost night time security.
    Last edited by Moped; 26-12-2018 at 12:27.
    Thanks Ratface thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika EcoVip 712
    Depends if you have to have one for Insurance purposes. If you do then it has to be fitted by a professional but seeing the work of some of these so called professional fitters when I had the misfortune to have a rear view camera fitted by one I would rather do it myself. I fitted a Autowatch one as it links into the Fiat Canbus System. I have removed it and refitted it a couple of times now and it works fine. I have used wireless units on the windows and door as we have a dog and no point in having the internal sensor. We also use it at night. Nice bright blue light flashes away merrily for all to see. If you want to fit one yourself which is not that complicated have a look HERE

We are insured through NFU and they didn't want an Alarm of Tracker fitted.

Likes Alf liked this post
    Thanks Alf, Ratface thanked for this post

Member Number
    “I have used wireless units on the windows and door as we have a dog and no point in having the internal sensor”

Cobra alarm has ability to arm with internal sensors disabled. Allows internal movement whilst arming external doors, bonnet and garage if you have one. Useful for pet owners but also handy for night time use but remember to turn off before you first exit vehicle in morning!

Others may also have this feature.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hobby siesta a65gm
    Quote Originally Posted by QFour View Post
    Depends if you have to have one for Insurance purposes. If you do then it has to be fitted by a professional but seeing the work of some of these so called professional fitters when I had the misfortune to have a rear view camera fitted by one I would rather do it myself. I fitted a Autowatch one as it links into the Fiat Canbus System. I have removed it and refitted it a couple of times now and it works fine. I have used wireless units on the windows and door as we have a dog and no point in having the internal sensor. We also use it at night. Nice bright blue light flashes away merrily for all to see. If you want to fit one yourself which is not that complicated have a look HERE

I have autowatch fitted they also do a pager tracker 973 put a SIM card in I get txt if alarm goes off also can send txt turn heating on and track if it was ever removed on a transporter
    Thanks Ratface, QFour, Silver sprinter thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    fiat-ducato ci carioca 694

the

Quote Originally Posted by QFour View Post

the worst animals are not on the farm,but in the office,if you need you head reading, go to the right place,pj

Member Number
    Bah humbug.... Cobra is a total pain in the proverbial. We have one fitted and I want it gone. Had it in a previous van and it ruined two batteries. This one went off with a fan heater reacting to the temperature. As in fan came on with the temperature dropping and the bloody alarm went off.

Avoid.

B2

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hobby Van Exclusive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratface View Post
    Hi all are alarms any good if so witch ones thanks
    As Moped says, Vanbitz Growler is very good and the internal sensor can be disabled for use when you leave an animal on board or while sleeping. If Taunton is not convenient for you, I have seen good reports about a system installed by Outsmart the Thief.
    Definitely better going for a system specifically intended for motorhomes rather than a general-purpose automotive system.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autosleeper winchcombe sprinter b
    We have just recently changed our motorhome, and the previous owners have had a strike back alarm fitted by van bitz which I believe is the growler we have a the original receipt from when it was installed it was far from cheap but it covers everything including the outside lockers and bikes it has five very loud sirens fittedwhich are all well hidden three outside two inside, the noise they make is so loud nobody could stay inside it long enough to start stealing it. And it comes with all the correct certificates for your insurance company.
    Likes The laird, Ric Tic liked this post

Thread Information