CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tyres

Member Number
    Motorhome
    B544

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    just renewed 2 x 215 70 15s by kwickfit online price 100 + fitting etc manager said if he could offer online price could sell lots more, fitting booked 2 days ahead choice of depots

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Elldis Autoquest...we love it �&#

Agilas

We have same van....went for the michelins though can see above there are other options...these seem to outdo others on slippery surfaces but have heard the continentals are quieter on the road. As mentioned it's about the usage and sidewall issues (personally our van never stationary for than a week anyway...not necessarily touring just run till engine fully hot as any vehicle stationary for long is not good) so tyres regularly exercised which I think is good for them. The tyres that came off were 7 years old OMG !! but looked good....the van had just been a "toy" till we bought it !! Our mechanic fitted the 500 michelins then cheerfully said "..yer can throw them away in three years n all !!" ...EH !! So, possibly better choices above LOL 😂. Maja

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffeecat View Post
    Thanks for al the advice. I use Khumo tyres on my car as they are well priced but very very grippy and wear well and as ive used them for years they are all I know. I had a quick look online and I seen the Michelin Cross Climate and Continental All season. I fully intend that now Ive sorted the motorhome with all the modern stuff ill be using it all year, rain,sun and snow. Decisions decisions......
    you mention CrossClimates. I ran those on my last car and thought them superb. The hype around them really is true - for me they were better than the regular premium brand tyres I have used and better than the Conti Winter Tyres I have used.
    Definately worth considering if available in your size and load rating - and they are recognised as Winter Tyres as well in those countries that mandate them in Winter time.
    Camperbus Blog and Website - www.wildebus.com
    Electrical Bits - stores.ebay.co.uk/Camper-Van-Kit
    Thanks time4t thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar 636SB
    Quote Originally Posted by wildebus View Post
    you mention CrossClimates. I ran those on my last car and thought them superb. The hype around them really is true - for me they were better than the regular premium brand tyres I have used and better than the Conti Winter Tyres I have used.
    Definately worth considering if available in your size and load rating - and they are recognised as Winter Tyres as well in those countries that mandate them in Winter time.
    I run crossclimates on my 4x4, very good allrounder, would definatly consider them on the van if they are available in correct size/load index.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Sprinter
    Quote Originally Posted by colinmd View Post
    I run crossclimates on my 4x4, very good allrounder, would definatly consider them on the van if they are available in correct size/load index.
    Crossclimate are now included in the Agilis range, must be worth considering.
    Have crossclimate on car, but BFGoodrich AT's on van.

MICHELIN Agilis CrossClimate tyre | Michelin UK

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi Delica L300 & L400
    I have also used Michelin cross climates on my 2WD car - just fitted my second set a month ago. They are brilliant tyres, well worth the extra cost, and unbelievably good in wet or snow conditions. I tend to drive 'enthusiastically' and in the wet they give a good level of confidence.
    I use BF Goodrich All terrains on the 4WD campervan - again, excellent tyres but a bit pricey.
    Dave.
    Likes mark61 liked this post

Nabsim is offline Full Member
    Name: Nabs (Neil)
    Spouse: Caz

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Geist Phantom
    As a poster has said check the axle leadings and make sure whatever you buy can cope with the liad
    Don't Worry, Be Happy

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar Globescout PVC
    The load rating is the last number on the sidewall before the speed rating letter.
    You can look all these up easily to ensure compliance but I've seen some tyres rated 109/107S. So are they 109 or 107 load rating? Confusing.
    Korky.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Quote Originally Posted by korky View Post
    The load rating is the last number on the sidewall before the speed rating letter.
    You can look all these up easily to ensure compliance but I've seen some tyres rated 109/107S. So are they 109 or 107 load rating? Confusing.
    Korky.
    Both. Used singly, the load rating is 109. In a pair (twin wheels on the same axle) the load rating is 107.
    Likes Alf liked this post
    Thanks korky thanked for this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information