CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tyres

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Adria Matrix 590SG

Tyres

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Well folks its finally time to get rid of the cheap Chinese tyres the motorhome came with. To be fair they are ok in the dry but not that good in the wet and very poor on grass/mud. Why you'd put cheap tryes on an expensive motorhome, who knows. Its a bit like putting remoulds on a Ferrari. So its time to change them. As its my first motorhome I have no idea about whats a really good tyre. I dont mind the cost I just want good grip. Ive heard Mitchelin and Continental do very good motorhome tyres and my local tyre fitter can order them for me. If I get them fitted this week then ill be all sorted for the first trip abroad on Saturday. Cant wait!
    mickwatsonphotography.com

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault/ Burstner Delphin 821T performan
    Yes both the tyres you mention are good, check out ASDA tyres on line for prices, usually the cheapest, then book the appointment to have them fitted at the nearest listed fitter to you, simple.
    If you dont know where you're going, any road will take you there
    Likes N/A liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Lunar Premier H622

It is said

That as MoHos spend most of the winter (let's say) at rest...
    Then sidewall deterioration is the main problem So IMO

It is better to buy cheaper but good tyres (Grip in particular) that may wear more .... every 3 years (say) rather than higher mileage tyres that you should change anyway due to sidewall deterioration.

Yes noise and comfort is relevant
    Likes peter palance liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    2009 Chausson Flash 08
    Pity you hadn't been looking few weeks earlier. Prima Leisure which is a Bailey outlet were selling off brand new other Michelin Agilis Camping ready mounted on new 15 and 16 Fiat/Citroen/Peugeot steel rims for £50 each. I bought 4 and really pleased with them. Same as you they were to replace Chinese tyres which to be fair were ok. I've had a look on their site but can't see them anymore, maybe all sold, but they are very helpful and may be worth dropping them an email
    Likes channa, peter palance liked this post

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by bobj808 View Post
    Pity you hadn't been looking few weeks earlier. Prima Leisure . I've had a look on their site but can't see them anymore, maybe all sold,
    They all sold in 3 days

I've used this firm Car tyres | Buy cheap tyres online at Blackcircles.com and found their pricing very competitive. I bought Bridgestone Duravis which IMO are a good tyre. In my area ATS where one of their fitting centres
    Likes big tom liked this post
    Thanks bobj808 thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B598PL
    If the previous owner put cheap tyres on then I would be inclined to find out the axle weights of your van, either actual by weighbridge or from the vehicles plate. Perhaps this was not factored into the cheap purchase, so donít assume that those fitted are correct.

When you know the relevant weights make sure the load factor is correct for the new tyres.

Davy

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Adria Matrix 590SG
    Thanks for al the advice. I use Khumo tyres on my car as they are well priced but very very grippy and wear well and as ive used them for years they are all I know. I had a quick look online and I seen the Michelin Cross Climate and Continental All season. I fully intend that now Ive sorted the motorhome with all the modern stuff ill be using it all year, rain,sun and snow. Decisions decisions......

Member Number
    Motorhome
    97 sprinter ex police riot van.
    I like Nokian Hakkapeliittas, They're expensive but boy do they grip & wear well!

Phill
    Learning to dance, where one step forward & two steps back is progress!
    Likes exwindsurfer liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Adria Matrix 590SG
    Funny thing about the correct tyres. I did a quick search using the tyre sizes on the Motorhome. Kwik Fit as an example got the correct type of van but quoted different sizes to the ones I have on already. Id best check the owners manual. Its based on a Peugeot Boxer 2007 2.2 HDI. These are the ones listed.Current one in bold

195/70/15
    205/70/15
    215/70/15
    225/70/15

225/75/16
    215/75/16
    Last edited by Toffeecat; 06-01-2019 at 16:47.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motorhome (aka The Nest)
    More back ground reading for you -
    What tyres?
    Ref my post no 10.
    Has my views changed since that post - Nope
    Have I got the Nest Stuck in the mud since then - Yep (& Sometimes Well n good)
    But the kinda park ups I get to are often out the way or across Soft ish or Rabbit or Mole Hole & Tunnel infested Fields where The Nest can sink a good 5 inch or so, I regularly find it’s kinda ok so long as it’s fairly dry & you keep moving SLOWLY !. (Check Out the tread patterns)
    66C140D8-08B7-43BB-BE71-6DD41F05CF7D.jpg
    (I’ve got a Tag axel based on a 1996 Peugeot Boxer 320 2.5TD & had 7 x 205/70/15s Fitted)
    Last edited by Nesting Zombie; 06-01-2019 at 18:10.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information