CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Uprating leisure batteries on Swift 590....

  1. #1

    Member Number
    45290
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,992

    Uprating leisure batteries on Swift 590....



    CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    After 2 weeks away in the Swift I've come to the conclusion that the single 95ah leisure battery really isn't going to be sufficient for our useage....

    Looking at Alpha batteries site I'm thinking of removing the single battery and replacing it with these...

    PAIR OF 12V XPLORER SEALED CALCIUM 180 AH LEISURE BATTERIES | eBay

    Seems a good price (and cheaper off ebay via Alphas shop than direct using the wild camping discount code)

    Intending to fit solar in due course via something like Rings rscdc30 to combine split charging and solar.

  2. #2

    Member Number
    40063
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,926
    Quote Originally Posted by mistericeman View Post
    After 2 weeks away in the Swift I've come to the conclusion that the single 95ah leisure battery really isn't going to be sufficient for our useage....

    Looking at Alpha batteries site I'm thinking of removing the single battery and replacing it with these...

    PAIR OF 12V XPLORER SEALED CALCIUM 180 AH LEISURE BATTERIES | eBay

    Seems a good price (and cheaper off ebay via Alphas shop than direct using the wild camping discount code)

    Intending to fit solar in due course via something like Rings rscdc30 to combine split charging and solar.

    That's a decent upgrade. I've not long got the ring and it seems good so far.

  3. #3

    Member Number
    25133
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    14,630
    Location
    Glengormley
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Me thinks a set of varta/bosch much better.your charger may not be ok with other type.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by trevskoda; 07-01-2019 at 07:12.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes Alf, hairydog liked this post

  4. #4
    Wooie1958's Avatar
    Wooie1958 is offline Cupid Stunt
    Name: Hey You
    Spouse: Yes M`Lady

    Member Number
    17249
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,733
    Location
    Preston. Lancashire.
    Motorhome
    Compass Castaway 500 LL
    If you are in a position to go and collect them from Alpha you can save a further 10% ? An extra 29 off makes them very affordable

    That`s what i did when upgrading mine which worked out considerably cheaper than even using our discount
    Trust No One
    Likes mistericeman, Alf liked this post
    Thanks wildebus thanked for this post

  5. #5

    Member Number
    45290
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooie1958 View Post
    If you are in a position to go and collect them from Alpha you can save a further 10% ? An extra 29 off makes them very affordable

    That`s what i did when upgrading mine which worked out considerably cheaper than even using our discount
    Ill give them a ring soon as I've measured up underneath.... Rochdale is only up the road and I've collected from them before.

  6. #6

    Member Number
    48467
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    147
    Location
    Leeds
    Motorhome
    Hymer 544
    Ordered a bosch from alpha on friday got 7% wc discount
    Are you saying i could got 17% off if i collected

  7. #7
    Wooie1958's Avatar
    Wooie1958 is offline Cupid Stunt
    Name: Hey You
    Spouse: Yes M`Lady

    Member Number
    17249
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,733
    Location
    Preston. Lancashire.
    Motorhome
    Compass Castaway 500 LL
    Quote Originally Posted by redhand View Post
    Ordered one on friday got 7% wc discount
    Are you saying i could got 17% off if i collected


    No, it`s 10% off the Ebay price which is normally cheaper than buying direct off their website.

    I rang them with the Ebay details ( product and item number etc. ) at hand and ordered like that, they then knocked the 10% off when i collected.

    Look to see if they have the one you bought listed on Ebay then knock off the 10%.
    Trust No One

  8. #8

    Member Number
    60568
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,584
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooie1958 View Post
    No, it`s 10% off the Ebay price which is normally cheaper than buying direct off their website.

    I rang them with the Ebay details ( product and item number etc. ) at hand and ordered like that, they then knocked the 10% off when i collected.

    Look to see if they have the one you bought listed on Ebay then knock off the 10%.
    Handy to know. Funny that their eBay price is less than their direct website price - eBay take around 7-10% of the selling price so would expect that to be higher?
    Find me on motorhomer.com, a Brexit-Free Zone

  9. #9
    Wooie1958's Avatar
    Wooie1958 is offline Cupid Stunt
    Name: Hey You
    Spouse: Yes M`Lady

    Member Number
    17249
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,733
    Location
    Preston. Lancashire.
    Motorhome
    Compass Castaway 500 LL
    Quote Originally Posted by wildebus View Post
    Handy to know. Funny that their eBay price is less than their direct website price - eBay take around 7-10% of the selling price so would expect that to be higher?

    They like a lot of other sellers on Ebay are quite crafty as in having windows within windows with discounts in.

    Screenshot (4).jpgScreenshot (5).jpgScreenshot (6).jpg

    You can easily miss the one showing the discount if you scroll down with the cursor on the edges on the opening window.
    Trust No One
    Likes wildebus, trevskoda liked this post

  10. #10

    Member Number
    45290
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooie1958 View Post
    They like a lot of other sellers on Ebay are quite crafty as in having windows within windows with discounts in.

    Screenshot (4).jpgScreenshot (5).jpgScreenshot (6).jpg

    You can easily miss the one showing the discount if you scroll down with the cursor on the edges on the opening window.
    Interestingly the above doesn't appear when I'm using the Ebay app on my phone...

    Only when using the full fat desktop display.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •