CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The infernal Cobra alarm?

Member Number

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    I have mailed the dealershp today with a list of issues which will mean taking the van up the road and possibly overnight.

B2
    Likes Alf liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    ace napoli
    Quote Originally Posted by Borders2 View Post
    It was fitted when we bought it and sorry but no idea as to what version it is. All we have is a 4 digit code and a button on the dash with an LED red light.

Going to have to go back to the dealer anyway with other problems so I will get them to provide some more info.

B2
    I have a little round alarm control button on my Berlingo, like yours with little black button and LED.
    To disable the alarm I have to input the four digit code. input first number of presses, wait for confirmation flash, input second digit wait and so on for the four digits.

If this sounds the same as yours, the way to disable the internal ultrasonic detectors is to press the alarm control button within 3 seconds of removing the key from the ignition.

If you try it turn key till all dash lights come on, wait till the van system checks and most of lights go out, remove key, hold alarm control button until you get conformation flash, exit van by drivers door , then lock van. Alarm takes about a minute to arm.

If this does not work, try running the engine before turning off, removing key and pressing button.

Hope this helps
    Likes Alf liked this post

Member Number

Thanks argoose

Tried your very helpful suggestions and no joy unfortunately. We are suspecting that the system is in error mode so we have asked the dealership to look at it as well as a number of other oddities. Radio retunes after two minutes, gas grill goes out after a minute and will only relight after the oven has been lit and put out then the cycle goes on... and the toast stays cold and so on and so on.

B2

Member Number
    Motorhome
    ace napoli
    Isn't modern technology brilliant

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information