CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The infernal Cobra alarm?

Member Number

The infernal Cobra alarm?

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    We are struggling with the Cobra alarm system, and it seems so are many others.

What we want to do is leave our dogs in the van with out them setting off the alarm. This must be a common situation.

So the advice is to switch the ignition on and off, then enter the 4 digit code. Well we have done that numerous times and with in 20 paces the bloody howler is sounding off. If I sound pissed off its because I am. Moving on we "solved" the problem by closing the dogs off in the bedroom but thats not a long term solution. Apart from rippping the system out (which is my preferrred option) is it actually possible to get this system to behave?

It killed two batteries on our last van so I am not a fan here.

B2

Member Number
    On our cobra we just either lock the doors manually with the key (locks vehicle but doesn't set the alarm)
    Or lock the doors with the fob and then press the smaller button on the fob within 4 seconds
    (locks doors and sets the alarm BUT disables the interior sensor)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...K9nIOmM2Cd6IA7

Member Number
    Ok. I should have mentioned we do not have a fob for the alarm, just a button on the dash.

Our central locking is not working so we are locking the vehicle doors with the central lock and the habitat with the key, and while we manually lock the habitat we can hear the alarm in action.

B2

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW T5 Auto-Sleepers Trooper
    Was the alarm in the van when you bought it or did you have it fitted.
    Have you the instructions if not what model is the alarm there are many types of Cobra alarms and I always prefer Cobra when it's my choice.

Alf

Quote Originally Posted by Borders2 View Post
    Ok. I should have mentioned we do not have a fob for the alarm, just a button on the dash.

Our central locking is not working so we are locking the vehicle doors with the central lock and the habitat with the key, and while we manually lock the habitat we can hear the alarm in action.

B2

Member Number
    It was fitted when we bought it and sorry but no idea as to what version it is. All we have is a 4 digit code and a button on the dash with an LED red light.

Going to have to go back to the dealer anyway with other problems so I will get them to provide some more info.

B2

Obanboy666 is offline Full Member
    Name: Steve.
    Spouse: Widower.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Pilote P650GJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistericeman View Post
    On our cobra we just either lock the doors manually with the key (locks vehicle but doesn't set the alarm)
    Or lock the doors with the fob and then press the smaller button on the fob within 4 seconds
    (locks doors and sets the alarm BUT disables the interior sensor)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...K9nIOmM2Cd6IA7
    Same on mine, Iíve never had a problem in 2 1/2 years.
    The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - its all that matters.
    Likes Alf liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Disconnect the alarm and put a sine on door that dogs have not been feed for 3 days.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes Adria home liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW T5 Auto-Sleepers Trooper
    Ring Cobra Alarms ( in Manchester) 0800 612 9392 explain your problem and they will tell you the alarm model number and advise you accordingly.

Alf
    You don't list your rough location nearby town or county will do by doing this you can sometimes find a member near you can give better advice or assistance for a multitude of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Borders2 View Post
    It was fitted when we bought it and sorry but no idea as to what version it is. All we have is a 4 digit code and a button on the dash with an LED red light.

Going to have to go back to the dealer anyway with other problems so I will get them to provide some more info.

B2
    Last edited by Alf; 06-01-2019 at 14:42.
    Thanks Silver sprinter thanked for this post

Member Number
    I do this turn off internal motion sensors regularly. If you have the button on the dash with the flashing led no need for a code with our set up. We do have cab door central locking linked to the alarm.

Turn the ignition on and then turn it off. Within 5 seconds of turning the ignition off and removing the ignition key press the button below the led. Let the led flash once and release the button. Leave van with dogs in and set the alarm once exited and all doors shut with remote control. The alarm for doors is now set but motion sensors are turned off. Do not do this process with cab doors already locked if you have central locking. They have to be open.

We have central locking on the cab doors and the alarm is linked to the central locking when we lock the cab doors. All other entries have sensors.

Rereading the threads I think the issue is as you say your central locking is not working. The alarm is probably linked to the cab door locks. I suspect these have to be open to set the alarm as you wish without internal sensors and then you lock the cab doors after.
    Last edited by Moped; 06-01-2019 at 15:37.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bailey Autograph 625
    We had a Cobra alarm on our previous van and all the problems we had (thinking it was our fault) turned out to be a fault on the system, so it might be worth asking the dealer to check it out.
    =^..^=

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information