Obanboy666 is offline Full Member
    Name: Steve.
    Spouse: Widower.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Devon Conversions Tempest.

Leisure batteries.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Afte checking out my 2 leisure batteries over the last 2 days following my fiasco during my recent trip to Scotland it looks like both batteries are knackered.
    Iíve decided to only buy one battery as I intend replacing my pvc this spring / summer.
    Reading numerous threads the Varta 90AH LFD gets excellent reviews so considering one of these. Whilst browsing an artical from Alpha batteries the following battery is now considered superior to the Varta and is not excessively more expensive - Yuasa 100AH EFB L36-EFB. Both are physically the same size which is as large as I can fit in my pvc.
    Anyone have any info on this new type Yuasa battery ? I quite fancy the Yuasa battery as it gives me an extra 10amps versus the Varta but nervous it being a relatively new technology.
    Both have a 3 year warranty
    The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - its all that matters.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar Globescout PVC
    Yuasa is probably a better battery(and 100ah as opposed to 90ah for the Varta) by all accounts, but they do recommend fitting a vent tube whereas this is not a requirement with the Varta.You're not needing the battery for long so either will do the job well.

Korky.
    Likes Obanboy666 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner
    I would just fit a cheaper battery if you are selling anyway.

The battery you mention has a good reputation but fitting it will not increase your chance of a good selling price.
    Likes Obanboy666, Alf, trevskoda liked this post

Deleted user 48797 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Obanboy666 View Post
    Afte checking out my 2 leisure batteries over the last 2 days following my fiasco during my recent trip to Scotland it looks like both batteries are knackered.
    Iíve decided to only buy one battery as I intend replacing my pvc this spring / summer.
    Reading numerous threads the Varta 90AH LFD gets excellent reviews so considering one of these. Whilst browsing an artical from Alpha batteries the following battery is now considered superior to the Varta and is not excessively more expensive - Yuasa 100AH EFB L36-EFB. Both are physically the same size which is as large as I can fit in my pvc.
    Anyone have any info on this new type Yuasa battery ? I quite fancy the Yuasa battery as it gives me an extra 10amps versus the Varta but nervous it being a relatively new technology.
    Both have a 3 year warranty
    If both batteries have a similar spec I would go for the heaviest.
    Likes Obanboy666 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    If you are for selling i would fit the cheapest battery of any type available,even a truck starter battery which can be bought for about £45,im running these 90ah for 5 years now with no bother.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes wildebus, witzend, Obanboy666 liked this post

Thread Information