CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Thread: Compressor fridge

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Concorde charisma

Compressor fridge

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Hi all, I am in the process of planning a self build expedition vehicle and quite fancy a compressor fridge,
    The fridge I am interested in is a vitrifrigo DP 2600i it says this uses 65 w I have checked this against a smaller Dometic fridge which gives a figure of 4amps so the question is are my maths correct
    Watts is equal to amps x volts in the triangle so therefore 4amps x 12volts gives me 48 watts
    For a smaller fridge as in 100 litre and a 30 litre freezer where as the vitrifrigo is 170lutre fridge & 60 litre freezer advice please andy

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Master
    I just bought this copresor fridge and itís work perfect for me.
    I now. Itís normal home fridge but I donít find any issue.

So. You can consider this solution.
    Inventor A+ Mini Fridge,Black, Internal Capacity 66L, Silent, Ideal for house, office and dormitories, Energy efficient: Amazon.co.uk: Large Appliances
    Thanks andyjanet thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    Quote Originally Posted by andyjanet View Post
    Hi all, I am in the process of planning a self build expedition vehicle and quite fancy a compressor fridge,
    The fridge I am interested in is a vitrifrigo DP 2600i it says this uses 65 w I have checked this against a smaller Dometic fridge which gives a figure of 4amps so the question is are my maths correct
    Watts is equal to amps x volts in the triangle so therefore 4amps x 12volts gives me 48 watts
    For a smaller fridge as in 100 litre and a 30 litre freezer where as the vitrifrigo is 170lutre fridge & 60 litre freezer advice please andy
    65 Watts for a Fridge and seperate Freezer is good for something that size as I think that has two compressors (one for each part).

Are the numbers you are quoting average consumption, or power when running? (bearing on mind the compressor will only be be running for between 10-25% of the time so a "when running" of 65W will be an average of maybe 15W (1.3Ah/hr) or so)
    Camperbus Blog and Website - www.wildebus.com
    Electrical Bits - stores.ebay.co.uk/Camper-Van-Kit
    Likes MagicMaster, andyjanet liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    mitsubishi canter mini artic
    but be warned many of the smaller compressor fridges are very noisy, some normal household bigger ones are so make sure you listen to see if will annoy you. mind i use a undercounter fridge freezer and find it great. the seperate freezer bit is a real bonus .
    Likes andyjanet, MagicMaster, 2cv liked this post

Nabsim is offline Full Member
    Name: Nabs (Neil)
    Spouse: Caz

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Geist Phantom
    No experience of that make and model but our Waeco 110 litre compressor fridge uses 45 amps a day, we almost never hear it running.
    Don't Worry, Be Happy

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Master PVC
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabsim View Post
    No experience of that make and model but our Waeco 110 litre compressor fridge uses 45 amps a day, we almost never hear it running.
    I have a Vitrifrigo 60 litre.

I might be getting a bit Mutt 'n Jeff in my old age, but I hardly notice ours and it is right next to the bed.

But then I have also been known to sleep through an alarm going off all night long, or so SOME people would have it!
    Likes Minisorella, andyjanet, 2cv, Nabsim liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Quote Originally Posted by andyjanet View Post
    When you design a fridge, you can choose a low power motor that runs almost all the time, or a much more powerful motor that will spend most of its time stopped. Or something in between. In theory, they will use roughly the same amount of power over a 24 hour period, but there will be a vast difference in how much power each uses when running.

You need to know (and compare) how much power the thing uses every 24 hours, and more or less ignore how much power the motor draws when running.
    Likes andyjanet liked this post

Thread Information